Need some information o3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by pkmz, Jun 17, 2015.

1. pkmz
    OP

pkmz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    So I have a old 3ds. I downgraded to 4.2 I believe using the gateway.

I then installed mset using the gateway launcher and did a nand backup.

I did the profile thing to launch gateway to do the nand backup so everything is down graded and I stalled properly.

Now I do not own a gateway what I am trying to do if its.possible.

Have emunand at latest firmware and still be able to run the browser exploit for pokemon. Not pokemon shuffle just create and insert pokemon for battING

This is where I am stuck. From reading I believe I would

Install a cfw that allows cia install?

Now I'm lost. Do I keep one of the cfw or does rxtool do everything I need?

Is what I am trying to do even possible?

2. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    If you downgraded your Old 3DS, you should not have needed to install mset. Installing mset is for the New 3DS which cannot be downgraded to 4.x. I don't know if it will cause any issues, though, since I believe mset.cia is just the 4.x version of System Settings you already had.

The Gateway Launcher requires a Gateway card to boot emuNand. I believe you might be able to use rxTools or something similar to run an emuNand, and I believe it now supports installing unsigned CIAs and such, so that might be what you want to look into. I haven't messed much with CFWs yet, so I don't have a lot of info to share on this, unfortunately. I would recommend reading the threads on rxTools and Pasta in detail, see if their capabilities match your goals.

3. pkmz
    OP

pkmz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2014
    United States
    Alright so followed the pasta mset guide.

At the part where I input my IP and fill the file with fbi,big blue menu and or dev menu.

I hit run.bat it looks like it working but it doesn't return status 0 return a odd status thst Google does not have a answer for.

Any advice?