need some help

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by nasune, Dec 18, 2010.

Dec 18, 2010

need some help by nasune at 12:43 PM (714 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. nasune
    OP

Member nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Well my psp stopped working, and I know it's something physical (happened after I tried to charge the battery). Basically it won't turn on at all, and if I try to charge the battery through my car charger (lost the original charger so I have to use that one) it will load the battery but nothing else. Trying to use it without the battery (just the car charger) doesn't work either, it simply gives a yellow light that blinks slowly (the charging light, not the screen).
    Can anyone help me? Is it the battery, or has the psp blown a fuse (do they have fuses for that matter) or perhaps something else?

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You've probably blown the internal power fuse. Those third party chargers, especially car adapters, are notoriously dodgy.

3. nasune
    OP

Netherlands
    I see, can it be fixed (easily) or am I better off looking for a new one?

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    You don't state what model but it'd be a similar process to this. All depends how confident you are.

5. gbatempfan1

Member gbatempfan1 GBAtemp Regular

6. nasune
    OP

Netherlands
    Well it is a psp-1000 series (1004 to be precise), and it seems doable (if not for me then I know some people that can do it). But would this cause the charging light to blink when left connected to a charger without a battery?

7. gbatempfan1

Member gbatempfan1 GBAtemp Regular

You say it doesn't turn on with it connected just to a charger without the battery. As xist said before car charging is unreliable. The first step would be to check the fuse and/or borrow a charger from somebody else. If it passes you can move on to other diagnostic steps. If it is the fuse, I would highly suggest that if you bypass it with solder you purchase an authentic charger as the fuse won't be able to protect your psp from cheap/car charger spikes that could fry it, or did fry it.

8. nasune
    OP

Netherlands
    Allright, thanks guys. I'll be asking some of the guys I know to repair it (safer this way), and perhaps they'll have an pfficial charger too.
    Once more I thank you.