Need some help with my soft nodded xbox

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I soft nodded my Xbox awhile ago upgraded to a 2tb hdd and it works great and all but in order to get it to boot the part of the cable that's usually plugged into the dvd drive needs to be plugged into the hdd and vice versa so now the hdd is forced to sit on the dvd drive instead of where it's supposed to go and I can't put it back together like that so any ideas on what I did wrong?

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did that but it doesn't boot when connected that just gives me some error in multiple languages when connected in that order

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Check the jumper on the HDD, it's probably set to Cable Select, so the HDD may be trying to set itself as Slave. Set it to Master.

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I just took a look looks like the jumper is missing and I don't have any old hard drives kicking around to steal one from so once I find a replacement for it I'll give it a try

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you have any old PCs around that you don't use, look in them, a lot of them had a metric ton of jumpers for various settings.
Another thing - what does it say on the HDD in jumper configuration? Lack of a jumper can be a valid state (most likely is) and it can vary on what it is as there never was a standard for those things.

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No don't have any old computers laying around anymore I was hoping the old hard drive had one still but no and I'm using an adapter to connect the hdd and on it it's got 4 settings cable slave master and acd

Edit: now that Im thinking about I Renner the instructions that came with the adapter said that no jumper also put it in cable select mode

Last edited by Chickenhunterx,

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can wrap some wire around the pins.
I don't recommend it but it's a possibility.

Edit: stripped wire ofcourse.

I might give that try later to test it out and if it works I'll order some jumpers since I'm never home when the local computer shop is open

Chickenhunterx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently moved to a small town theirs one computer shop iv yet to check out but they're open after I go to work and closed before I get back and iv yet to see them open on the weekends

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-