Need some help unbricking a N3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by faku1810, Jun 3, 2016.

1. faku1810
    OP

faku1810 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    First of all, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this, I just assume that it is since it's related to the console itself.

Now, to keep the story short: I bricked the console when I accidentally used 9.2 o3ds cias to downgrade a n3ds on 10.0.27. It took me a while to hardmod it, and even then, I had to find a working SD reader for it, but today I could finally dump the nand and inject the 10.0 native_firm on it. The result is that the console now turns on and can show the sleep mode screen.

However, I can't see the home menu, and doing L+R+A+Up on boot won't show the Recovery screen (though I think it actually boots it up). so my plan to force an update to the latest firmware isn't looking good.

I imagine the safe_mode is still a o3ds 9.2 version, so it can't boot. Does anyone know if I could inject the 10.0 n3ds safe_mode into the nand.bin? Someone in a spanish forum linked an app that supposedly does it, but it was closed source and hardcoded to inject o3ds files, so I can't really use that.

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    No known fix for this. Its a permanent brick. Should have done a hardmod first and made a backup.

3. faku1810
    OP

faku1810 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 10, 2014
    Argentina
    I am aware that no one has posted a sure way to fix it, that's why I was describing my situation and asking about a particular method (restoring the safe_mode firm) to see if anyone could think of something. As I said though, I'm only asking because someone allegedly did fix a safe_mode firm in O3DS; and because my console shows the Sleep Mode screen, so it doesn't seem to be totally dead.

That said, i'm not holding high hopes for this, but at the same time i don't want to just say "okay it's bricked" and not try anything (even if it's just asking questions).