Hacking Need some help fixing my card...

• Thread starter HunterZero21xx
  • Start date
  • Views 1,734
  • Replies 6
H

HunterZero21xx

OP
ok, so I had a working passkey and flashcard setup and then the screen started going white like it did when my first passkey went dead. GBA mode still boots fine and everything on my card is still there. I bought another passkey thinking that was the problem but my brand new key isn't doing the trick. I have the earliest model DS and the earliest model passkey, which was the first setup I had and it worked fine then. I was thinking maybe I should flash the original firmware and then reflash it but I'm not sure if that would work and I wanted a second opinion on it.

I haven't been able to play my DS in over a month so
bow.gif
to whomever helps me.

Thanks!

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could you describe what setup you had when it worked, and what you have now?

I'm a bit confused, it sounds like you use a passkey but have a flashed DS..?

Just to be able to give better suggestions.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I currently understand you can play GBA games from your 'flashcard', but not DS games anymore.

To play the GBA games you wouldn't need a passme anyway.

So, white screens and passme.

That reminds me of my first problems with this - do you have an original game plugged into the passme? Otherwise the white-screen effect would happen, too.

Edit: So this would mean the DS has not been flashed yet - which I would recommend. You wouldn't need the passme then anymore, and could just leave any DS game inserted.

H

HunterZero21xx

OP
Heh, sorry for being vague. I didn't notice how funny that sounds. My setup includes one of the DS's from its launch and a passkey1 (the original one that comes in the little blue box.)
I really hope I don't have to buy a new passkey because I just spent 2 weeks waiting on something that should have taken a week to get here. *sigh* It seems like I might have to though because that setup never needed any programing or anything so I don't know to do. >.< Thanks for your help guys! Oh yeah, and I do have a game in the passkey =)

H

HunterZero21xx

OP
BUMP
grrr.... I need my DS before I start going crazy
wacko.gif

still no luck...

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you don't have a DS card in the Passkey, I can't figure out what's wrong here. Maybe you need to update the firmware on your flashcart again as something might have gone wrong last time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I dread the price point.