Timmyhawky

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I've sold my Wii due to the lack of good non-casual games. Now I want to get myself a 2nd hand X360. Before I buy it, I need to get some better information about the drive types and how you can mod them. I've visited multiple Xbox hacking webstis' turorials, but I still don't know what the options are for different types.

I've read this is the(easiest?) procedure for Samsungs:
Dissassemble
Hook up only the SATA cable of the DVD drive to a PC
Turn on the Xbox, then the PC
Load the -I forgot the name- live CD to switch the Samsung drive to mode B and press reset on your PC(my PC can't boot when restarted, so can I turn it off as well?)
Enter Windows and backup the drive firmware
Reflash it with a tool(which one?)

Sorry if you don't understand my English.
Thanks

Prizesinferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
www.xbox-scene.com is one of the best places to find info on modding 360's

The best thing to do is to flash the firmware. The way you do this is by taking out the drive hooking it up to your pc and using tools released by the community to rip your firmware and then put in a custom firmware that overrides the fact that the disk isn't signed. It is definitely not all that simple. Keep in mind the custom firmwares are illegal so most places arent going to host them that easily.

Textbook has a guide here that will show you how to identify the drive type and what you need to do. He hosts most of the legal tools you need on his site too. He does NOT host any of the illegal firmwares or anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-