Emulation Need some assistance with working codes on Fire Emblem

RawkHawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm adding Codebreaker codes to my game (I'm using VBA btw) via cheats from this page:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/468480/31542

However, the guide does not specify exact cheats for experience despite saying it does. The cheat for experience looks something like this:

3202BD59 00ZZ

The guide does not specify the exact numbers you have to replace ZZ with to get a non-glitched EXP value. I've found that when replacing ZZ with 50, you start each battle with 80EXP. My question, although a little long-winded, is this: does anyone have a list of the values I can replace ZZ with to get other amounts of EXP (an amount for starting with 99EXP would be extremely helpful).

I feel like I've overlooked something important or just been stupid...

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this with FE 6 so long ago. D:

Although I forgot the formula, try doing 49 to see if exp becomes a larger amount. If not, try 51.

Whichever one gives a bigger amount, just add (or subtract) that amount to 50 (gives 80 exp) to make it 99 exp (ie, 69, or 31). I think that's how I did it.

RawkHawk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you
biggrin.gif
However, I decided to randomly experiment before I read this and I found that I can use 65 as the value, which gives all my units 101EXP, meaning they level up after anything, and when I disable the cheat, they still have one more guaranteed level up. This worked in FE6 too, which I'm replaying now.

I did find one consequence of the cheat however: unpredictable levels after disabling the cheat. I disabled it for Roy (Lv40), Chad (Lv40), Lugh (Lv20) and Ellen (Lv26). Roy went back to Lv9 and couldn't level up anymore, Chad went back to Lv9 but could level up more, Lugh went to Lv19 and became a normal unit, and Ellen stayed at Lv26 but could still level up. I'm taking a guess that for unpromotable units, they return to Lv9, but for promotable units, they stay the level they are at and become relatively normal units. Can anyone confirm this? I hope it's true, because it means I could level up some of my units even more to make them powerful before promotion. It doesn't explain the Roy/Chad situation though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh