Need some advice

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by D Bhatti, Feb 23, 2016.

1. D Bhatti
    OP

D Bhatti Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 23, 2016
    Canada
    I have an old Cosmo Black 3DS I'm looking to sell. Its on firmware 9.2.0-20U. I have some questions:

1. I was going to sell the 3DS as is (hardware and virtual console/downloaded games), but I have bought games from the eshop using a credit card in the past. I won't be able to access the eshop to delete credit card info without updating the firmware right? What other steps should I take to protect sensitive information?

2. Is it possible to transfer the games from the old 3DS to a 3DS XL on sysNAND 4.5 (or on EmuNAND 9.2+)? I'm don't believe the old hardware has a NNID linked to it (went into settings ==> NNID Settings which prompts me "to link a NNID to your system." Once I transfer the games, I was planning on formating the system to wipe out data, but just to be sure: Formatting the system will only wipe out applications and downloads, not alter (or force an update of) the firmware.

Last edited by D Bhatti, Feb 23, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice