Need some advice on traditional tea brewing

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All right GBAtemp, so up until this point I've been an iced tea addict. The only liquid that passes my lips is sweetened iced tea with the occasional glass of water. Now, since I've been into anime, I've seen several shows that brew tea. I find the art to be incredibly fascinating. However when I do it myself, the tea tastes horrible (green tea in this case). I never sweeten or chill the brew (even though I think any tea has a better taste chilled) but when I have a glass made by a traditional Japanese restaurant it's superb. So, I ask you, members of GBAtemp, how can I improve my tea?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Step one would likely be getting a higher quality product. If you don't pay much for your tea leaves, that's likely to reflect in the end taste.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Step one would likely be getting a higher quality product. If you don't pay much for your tea leaves, that's likely to reflect in the end taste.

It's premium Lipton green tea. I don't skip out on anything but black tea and even then I get a brand that has a great taste for minimal cost. I get tea bags, but I want to try loose leaf because I hear that's how most of the world drinks it.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't boil the water to 100°c. Boil it to between 85-90. Another good idea would be to get a teapot to brew it in.

edit: Also try to use filtered tap water if you can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo