Need some advice from 3ds guru's

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Rob mead, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Rob mead
    OP

Rob mead Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    Hi I am on 5.1.0-9E 3ds xl running rxtools emunand. I have unlinked my hands. I know I can update the emunand without problems but is it possible to upgrade sysnand to 9.* to use theme hax. I would also like to use the browser hack if possible. I think in theory I could do it using cia's of the system files but want to check with people that have got more knowledge than me. I don't want to lose my emunand or end with a brick. If possible does anyone have a tutorial I could follow.

Thank you all

2. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  3. Rob mead
    OP

Rob mead Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    Thank you. Will the web exploit still work after this and can I use it for theme had. Sorry for the questions but want to make sure

4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    Yes it's work, I used it to update my console before and themehax works fine. :)

5. Rob mead
    OP

Rob mead Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2015
    Thank you very much. Tonight's project sorted then :)

6. justinkb

justinkb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 7, 2012
    Netherlands
    It's pretty fun process tbh, feels at first like you're in a chicken egg situation, but there are so many entry points right now you can basically always get your CFW set up however you like as long as your sysnand is <9.2. The web exploit definitely perfectly coexists with the homemenuhax @ FW 9.2.0-20. I use it to boot into gateway mode when I'm not using rxMode CFW

Last edited by justinkb, Oct 5, 2015