Need PS2 Emulation Help

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Swing, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    This has got to be the most difficult emulation I've tried including PSP, VITA, and 3DS. I just received from Japan my EXPENSIVE NEW COPY of Panzer Front Ausf.B. I did not know PS2 had region lock and I thought I was getting the PAL version of the game. Can somebody give me step by step directions or a ROM for JP Panzer Front Ausf.b. I guess I'll decipher the instruction manual for now...

Last edited by Depravo, Jan 24, 2016 - Reason: Kindly re-read the forum rules.
  2. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    if you're running it in a ps2 emulator you should have downloaded a BIOS pack. Just choose the jp BIOS and you should be ready to go

3. Swing
    OP

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    So I ordered Panzer Front Ausf. and it came in JP and won't play on my PS3... even tho it's a phat and it should. I can't find any BIOS for it to run. Can I get some help here??

4. vayanui8

vayanui8 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 11, 2013
    United States
    I don't know if you can get it working on a ps3 if its region locked. Since you posted it in the PC section I assumed you were using an emulator

5. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Whats your Problem exactly? Panzer Front Ausf├╝hrung B. is a PS2 Game that only has been released in Australia, Asia and Europe. If you are trying to play a retail copy of this on your US PS3, than you're out of luck. As much as i know, even FAT PS3's are NOT region free if it comes to PS2 titles.

If you want to play it on PC, just make a copy of the disc to you PC HD drive and use PCSX2 to play it.

6. TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth :P
    There was an old exploit for backwards compatible phat ps3's for using the Swap Magic on it I remember from many moons ago. It was most likely patched forever ago though......