Hacking Need NAND For WII 3.2U

ree187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide to mod my wii 3.2U version (Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup).
Make a long story short i forgot to backup my nand and when i got done i was not able to load my WII menu and the sofmod keep freezing when i start HBC.
Can someone send me a nand so i can reload from bootmii.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to use someone else's NAND without betwiin. To use betwiin you need your wii's keys. Do you have them? (Did you ever run a program called xyzzy?)

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need more then someones nand. you will need the unique key that is on your wii. did you install bootmii as a boot2?

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't already have the key, there is nothing you can do. You had to have already obtained it before your Wii bricked.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
you can extract the keys from a bricked Bootmii nand dump than transfer the keys from one the brick Dump to a Working Dump using betwiin, I'm pretty good with the program with having been able to transfer keys from one dump to another successfully , but I'm not yet confident enough to test it out on someones Wii that i dont own.
frown.gif

But for now your best option would probably use cboot2 to replace your bootmii files on your sd card, so it can load up Wad Manager from there re-install your System menu wad and its required IOS.

ree187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the menu are.

Systemmene
Homebrew Channel
Installed File

Load/Install File
Systemmenu Hacks
Setting

and bottom left it says

IOS v30
Systemmenu v353

and the right it says

preloader v0.29

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well system menu v353 would mean you are on 3.3U not 3.2...

Why are you on 3.3 with preloader?

And what exactly did you follow in the guide to do this?

ree187

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup

This is the guide i followed i follow everything but the nand backup when i tried it would reboot the system so i skipped it.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ree187 said:
[Guide] Fully Softmod Any Wii (everything you need), HBC + BootMii + NAND + New cIOS + PreLoader + Backup

This is the guide i followed i follow everything but the nand backup when i tried it would reboot the system so i skipped it.

General note for doing things on your wii. If something doesn't work, don't just skip it. Figure out why and FIX it. If you installed bootmii to boot2 and were pressing reset, that would be why the system menu would be coming up, because there's a slight error in the guide in that section where it flipped the functions of those two buttons. Power moves right and reset selects in the boot2 version of bootmii. If you only tried pressing reset you just kept selecting the system menu icon to load that up instead.

So that being said, do you have bootmii installed as boot2? Can you still access the HBC from bootmii or preloader? How far in the guide did you get before it bricked? Did you get to install cIOS rev14? NeoGamma?

Regardless there isn't really much use for being on system menu 3.3 and you should have followed the recommendation at the beginning to update your Wii to 4.1 before starting on it.

IF you have a boot2 install of bootmii and can load the HBC fine from there (remember, power = moves right, reset = select), then I would suggest trying to run Waninkoko's 4.0 updater, which should install a fresh IOS60 and system menu 4.0, getting rid of preloader in the process. So if your brick was due to like some sort of incompatibilty with preloader/3.3 or a bad IOS30 or something then that should fix that, unless you did something else to cause the brick.

Try to give some more information first before doing anything though, and if you can access bootmii in any way, just make a NAND backup now just in case you screw things up any further than it is.

It's hard to help fix problems when you just blindly follow guides without knowing what you're doing and also just skip steps in the guide on top of it.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put waninkoko's 4.1 updater on your stick in the apps/ folder
boot wii holding reset
choose homebrew channel
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

=============================================

if the HBC won't work that way

get the .dol from your stick in the HBC folder
rename as boot.dol
put it on the root of your stick
boot wii holding reset
choose load/install file
then choose Installed file
in hbc
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
boot wii holding reset
choose homebrew channel
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

rename as boot.dol
boot wii holding reset
choose load/install file
in hbc
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

I told him just to use the 4.0 updater for now because the 4.1 updater won't work directly from 3.3 unless he installs an IOS60 first. If he can at least get to 4.0 first and have things working again he can run the 4.1 updater from there.

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
you can extract the keys from a bricked Bootmii nand dump than transfer the keys from one the brick Dump to a Working Dump using betwiin, I'm pretty good with the program with having been able to transfer keys from one dump to another successfully , but I'm not yet confident enough to test it out on someones Wii that i dont own.
frown.gif

But for now your best option would probably use cboot2 to replace your bootmii files on your sd card, so it can load up Wad Manager from there re-install your System menu wad and its required IOS.

@BlackAce83: Could you tell me how you did that? I would REALLY appreciate it.
biggrin.gif

~Snacks
yay.gif

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
ChokeD said:
boot wii holding reset
choose homebrew channel
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

rename as boot.dol
boot wii holding reset
choose load/install file
in hbc
run the updater

find a guide for 4.1

I told him just to use the 4.0 updater for now because the 4.1 updater won't work directly from 3.3 unless he installs an IOS60 first. If he can at least get to 4.0 first and have things working again he can run the 4.1 updater from there.

do that and you'll install a stub ios60, and his wii will be in an even worse situation than what it is right now, as he would also lose preloader.

install a working non stub ios60, then run the 4.1 updater.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Toxic pills are best
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, He fucked around and found out.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lol Veho
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O OMG. A Very EXPENSIVE way to find out :ohnoes:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    He was trying to whip shitties but instead he wiped out and ate shit.
    +1
    He was better off Whipping his own :shit:. :unsure::unsure::unsure: But then again.. Maybe not. Eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whip it real good
    Nah. Cool Whip is better :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool wHip
    Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Especially on Chocolate Ice Cream :D:wub::D