need help witht help hacking psp 1000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by C175R, Feb 9, 2010.

Feb 9, 2010
  1. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    So I got my PSP 1000 couple of weeks ago but didn't had time and now that I do I wana hack it.
    it came with the Official firmware 5.50 but I guess that doens't matter since I read that all of the PSP 1000 can be hacked.
    the problem is
    1: The battery. I was reading and noticed that the pandora battery can only be used once but then after I would need another battery. Is that true? so after making it to pandora battery I won't be able to use that battery at all but to hack it? even so if it is connected to the charger without battery, I can play backups?

2: I tried to open it and cut the thingy but it seems kinda hard to open it... [​IMG] should I just do it anyways or there is a trick to open this battery?

3:CFW: I've read that there is two types of CFW now. which one is better? The GEN or M33(if that was the name lol)? both of them will let me play backups and PS1 games?

someone please help [​IMG]

Someone please fix the title to Need help hacking psp 1000. thought I deleted the rest but i guess i didn't [​IMG]

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think I've yelled at you before for not researching anything when you ask questions. You are pretty lazy in my eyes.

1. Pandora Battery, can be used just not charged (unless you plug the psp first, then attach the battery)

I'd recommend two batteries and two MMS sticks, that way you have a pandora setup already (Magic Memory Stick and Battery) and a daily use setup.

New CFW can make a pandora battery, DC8 by Dark Alex is how I made mine for PSP1000 and PSP2000.

2. You don't have to cut, look into tutorials to see if you serial number is old enough not to require it.

3. GEN 5.50 D3 plays almost any games out now, without having to patch.

3. 5.05M33-6 is awesome, as it has a kernel 1.50 addon (GEN doesn't which caused alot of homebrew which was made to work on PSP's under 3.40OE (M33 older version) to not work (aka most GBA emulators, CPS2/NEO GEO etc).

I'd reccomend 5.50GenD3, as it will save you a lot of time.

DO NOT INSTALL 5.50GEN C (any of the variant), got from 5.50 whatever to B then SKIP C and go to D.

Also make sure that when you update to 5.50GEN d3 the system info says 5.50Gen D3, not 5.50Gen D Final or whatever. If it does, just reinstall.

Wynd

Forgot to add this again....

YOU ARE LAZY.

Have a great week.

Wynd

3. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    I can't do that. :-)

4. C175R
    OP

Member C175R GBAtemp Pirate

United States
    I did search. I just couldn't find the answers to those questions. not even on the other site you gave me last time. thanks for this info tho. =]

and to KidIce: I know I can buy it but DX takes forever =[ thanks for the info ;]

5. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't want to be a dick, but how come I can figure stuff out, but others can't. That's where I'm coming from, so don't be pissed. I just want "our" kids to read more and figure stuff out on their own.

Wynd