Hacking Need help with XMB boot

djricekcn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have a Jailbreak device for my homebrew PS3, but I also want to try this new method of booting hdd stored games directly off your XMB. I am currently on 3.41 with the PS3 I am trying to use this on.

trying to use either one of the tool, but to be honest, I don't know if they do different things and what not

Tool 1
634frontcoverface.png

Tool 2
272_FrontCoverFace2.png

Tool 3
cwrci.png

I also don't understand the "key" portion when I need to decrypt. How do I know what keys to use? What is the "Trophy" section on the 2nd image/too? I basically need a dummed down version of how to do this, step starting from after ripping my game. I just want to play it off my HDD because my bluray seems like it's dying out. If I need to, I can rerip it at my friend's place. I am testing this with a pressed version of Folkssoul (non best version), one of my liked games from early ps3 era.

Basically I think I need the following information
1) How do I Decrypt my game after ripping it
2) How or which tool do I need to use
3) How to make it work / boot up from xmb

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
It works on 3.41 and 3.55, only difference is that for 3.55 CFW you need to do the extra step of signing the .pkg so you can install it on Geohot's 3.55 CFW. Honestly I can't see these automated processes turning out so well and most of the time it slightly differs for each game, either way I will be writing a guide for the manual eboot modifying over the weekend as the current guides really aren't that descriptive at all for newcomers.

Tool 1:

Seems this just extracts the .elf from the .bin file and replaces the dev_bdvd string to whatever you want, dev_hdd0 is what is required for most games but you can change it to dev_usb0 etc aswell, although I am unsure if any games are working via running off the USB or a external drive with this method. The text-input box next to it is presumably for what you want to change the next path to. As it stands the eboot would look for the game content in /dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/. So with no modifying it would look in the Blu-ray drive for the files, and of course if nothing is there nothing will happen. As for this reason we need to change the device where it looks to for the game files to /dev_hdd0/ so it looks for them in the internal drive. If you plan to use this method for multiple games you will need to change the second part aswell, from PS3_GAME to something else, of EQUAL value, so for example for Demon's Souls I changed PS3_GAME to DEM_SOUL. It's up to you what you change it as but just make sure it is the same number of words/letters as it was before. Sometimes it won't always look in PS3_GAME for the files though which is why automating the process is a bit of a long shot. Once you have found what you want to change it to just enter it into the text-input box and then click execute, I am guessing it will extract the .elf, replace the dev_bdvd link to dev_hdd0 and then change PS3_GAME to whatever you choose. If it was me it would change /dev_bdvd/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/ to /dev_hdd0/DEM_SOUL/USRDIR/. Of course make sure you load the eboot.bin file you want to modify first before you do any executing
rolleyes.gif

Tool 2:

Same as the above but with alot more content. First option lets you choose the eboot.bin or the .elf (If you choose to do a .elf you would of had to extract it yourself manually.) Then you select the THROPHY directory from the game you backed up, then the same with PARAM.sfo and ICON0.PNG. The next part, the ELF/BIN Hex modification is the same as in Tool 1. It takes the .bin you choose for the first bit of this tool and changes the hex strings to whatever you choose. Below that you can choose the firmware version, if you choose 3.55 it will do the added step of signing the .pkg when it is created, after you have it all setup you can just click on execute and it should do it all for you.

Tool 3:

Not too sure as to what the selfs are used for but it seems like they are somewhat what an .exe is to Windows, don't think you need to worry about it for now. As for build PKG I do have some experience in. First found out what the game ID is for whatever game you are using, Demon's Souls (E) for example is BLES00932. (E) games will always be BLES. (U) games will be BLUS etc, the L will be changed to a C if it a PS3-only game. Once you have the game ID make a folder and name it the Game ID, the folder I made for example was called BLES00932. Then place the TROPDIR folder and all the files from PS3_GAME into that folder. Once you have done that, make another folder in there called USRDIR and place the modified eboot.bin you got in there. Should look like this. You can then select that folder in Tool 3. Now for the config file; make a .txt document and paste the following in it:
Code:
Content-ID = UP0001-xxxxyyyyy_00-0000111122223333
k_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
DRM_Type = Free
Content_Type = Game_Exec
PackageVersion = 01.00

Change the xxxxyyyyy to the Game ID. Then save the file as a .conf file. You can now select the .conf file in Tool 3.
Now the final part, content ID. It says 'UP0001-xxxxyyyyy_00-0000111122223333', same as last time, change the xxxxyyyyy to the Game ID, then click build and it will create the .pkg file. (Might not be signed for 3.55 though.)

Now you should have a signed .pkg file which contains the modified eboot.bin to redirect the system to the internal hard drive via one of these methods, now you need to put the game itself on your internal hard drive, either via FTP, transferring from external or using the file manager to move it around from inside the internal. Now, you will need to copy over the USRDIR folder from the complete game (Minus the eboot.bin inside there, delete that.) into /dev_hdd0/DEM_SOUL/ as it would be in my case, it will differ for you as presumably you are using a different game. Once that is done put the .pkg file on the root of a usb stick or another FAT32 device and plug it in the PS3, then go to 'Install Package Files' on the XMB, under the game section and choose the .pkg you made, it will install it and then you can run it from the XMB. There is no guarantee this will work though.
Any other questions do not hesitate to ask.
EDIT: It's possible the self = eboot.bin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: