Hacking Need help with wii u backups

John4706

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I downloaded some wii u backups on a USB drive via the wub thing, is it safe to transfer them to the wii u system memory?

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You say you downloaded but not installed yet correct?

There is always a risk to install games to the internal memory, I've done it heaps of times with no issues, it also depends who you talk to, some say no, some say yes and the rest are on the fence.

When installing to internal memory, as long as the install finishes, there is no power outage, don't remove the sd card, etc.. then it's ok.

Why not just get a usb hard drive and install it to that instead if your worried.

John4706

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You say you downloaded but not installed yet correct?

There is always a risk to install games to the internal memory, I've done it heaps of times with no issues, it also depends who you talk to, some say no, some say yes and the rest are on the fence.

When installing to internal memory, as long as the install finishes, there is no power outage, don't remove the sd card, etc.. then it's ok.

Why not just get a usb hard drive and install it to that instead if your worried.
I have the backups in a flash drive now but it's failing soi want to check if I can upload the backups to my wii u

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's fine, but it's better to use a usb device, because internal storage is very limited. in fact, the largest games on the system -- only one would fit on the 32GB model, so it's a waste. in either case, the ticket is stored on the slc partition whether you install to usb or the internal flash. the h3 files are supposed to be hashes for the app files, so technically, you shouldn't be able to install something if it's corrupted, I think.

John4706

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's fine, but it's better to use a usb device, because internal storage is very limited. in fact, the largest games on the system -- only one would fit on the 32GB model, so it's a waste. in either case, the ticket is stored on the slc partition whether you install to usb or the internal flash. the h3 files are supposed to be hashes for the app files, so technically, you shouldn't be able to install something if it's corrupted, I think.
So it's safe to do it it's a backup?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should be, yes. I wouldn't worry. when a game is being installed, it's put in the import folder (at least for eshop games anyway), so if something is wrong with it, the content is deleted. I think the import folder is created too, so it doesn't exist by default.

John4706

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
should be, yes. I wouldn't worry. when a game is being installed, it's put in the import folder (at least for eshop games anyway), so if something is wrong with it, the content is deleted. I think the import folder is created too, so it doesn't exist by default.
Thank you

Reactions: godreborn
D

Deleted User

Wait a minute to me it sounds like what you're doing won't work like you're wanting. You said you downloaded some backups, are they in WUP format? Then you would have to install them via WUPInstaller which has to be transferred to an sd card then to WIi U internal. Now if those games are already installed to the Wii U just on the stick and that stick is formatted to the Wii U and that's what you mean then sure you can transfer them to internal, but if you downloaded them from the internet you would have to install them via sd card.

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4