Need help with USB Loaders on a new HDD.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bananapi761, May 3, 2016.

1. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    I had a 32GB WBFS formatted USB flash drive, but I moved over to a WBFS partition on a 500gb HDD. When I started up Wiiflow (my main loader), and all my backups were stuck on a loading screen. I tried Configurable USB Loader and USB Loader GX, and they wouldn't load games either. I tried this on my Wii and Wii U, and they gave the same result. I have a feeling it is something to do with the cIOS, but my flash drive worked before. If it is something to do with cIOS, then I'm not very sure on what to do, because I completely forgot how to install them or what cIOS I installed.

EDIT: I found out how to install my cIOS' again, so I reinstalled them multiple times with multiple versions, and the furthest I got was a small loading bar that seems to freeze almost instantly.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by bananapi761, May 6, 2016
  2. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Can someone help please?

3. hvy109

hvy109 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2011
    You must post a Syscheck: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?threads/300279/

Moreover, it is better to use FAT32 formatted drives with the help of Wii Backup Manager because WBFS formatted drives are outdated and can be easily corrupted and you can lost all the games. I think that there is some app to convert WBFS drives to FAT32 but I don't remember the name.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris E5 mediante Tapatalk

4. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Thanks, I'll post it tomorrow.

5. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Here is the syscheck from my Wii U (vWii) -
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    first, why the wbfs format? you can already use ntfs or fat32 on usb loader gx, you just gotta have an wbfs folder and the games folder has to have a certain syntax. Also, how did you mod your Wii? Pimp My Wii? I think you should consider remodding it, like applying the patches again to IOS 249,250 and 251 as well as others(why not)

7. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    I installed HBC using Smash Bros Brawl, and installed the cIOS using d2x cIOS Installer. I'll try changing my drive format and see what happens.

8. bananapi761
    OP

bananapi761 Lurkin

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    I moved my games to a FAT32 partition and they worked! Thanks!