The_Reaper_CooL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi there!

I want to edit some .tpl files in Monster Hunter Tri, but I have a very big problem. I can see the pictures, I can extract them, but I can't put them back in!

So there are like 5 .tpl files, and in them are a total of 75 or so image files. I searched the Internet everywhere, found programs that helped me nothing or just a little (like I can only put back 5 images in one file, but that's waaay too little as you can tell).

Now I thought maybe you guys can help me. I tried everything I could find in these months (I'm trying to find a program since April... and no luck
frown.gif
), and I think that you guys are my only hope.

So please, if someone knows how to make things working (and maybe write a little n00b friendly guide), that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a .bat file to convert .jpg, .bmp, .png, etc images to TPL on drag-and-drop. I made it to replace images in Guitar Hero 3, but it should work the same for anything: http://www.mediafire.com/?dakzjqumooz

Make sure you have gxtexconv.exe and FreeImage.dll from devkitPPC (like megazig said) in the same folder.

You need to flip your images vertically before saving them though. I think that's just the way gxtexconv works.

The_Reaper_CooL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Summersett said:
I made a .bat file to convert .jpg, .bmp, .png, etc images to TPL on drag-and-drop. I made it to replace images in Guitar Hero 3, but it should work the same for anything: http://www.mediafire.com/?dakzjqumooz

Make sure you have gxtexconv.exe and FreeImage.dll from devkitPPC (like megazig said) in the same folder.

You need to flip your images vertically before saving them though. I think that's just the way gxtexconv works.

Thanks, but it's not working. Everytime I start it, it says "error loading -o", and that ".h is missing".

So can you write me how to make these things, and write a little n00b-friendly guide to this?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've personally only tried using it with PNG files, so maybe try saving as that if you aren't already.

You can always just open the command prompt and navigate to the directory with gxtexconv.exe and FreeImage.dll, then type:

gxtexconv.exe -i IMAGENAME.png -o IMAGENAME.tpl colfmt=14

The_Reaper_CooL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
ether2802 said:
why exacty you can only put 5 instead of 75..?? I mean wich program is the one that is not letting you put the other 70...??

It's tplconv by Gally (the program wich shows a cartoony rooster when you first open it up).

And how can I put more than one picture in a .tpl file with GXTexconv?

The_Reaper_CooL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry for BUMP-ing up this thread, but does anyone know how to put more pictures in a .tpl file with GXTexconv? What do I need to write...etc.

Please help!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok I checked my old files to try to remember how I used to do it, and I don't think you can put more than 1 image on a .tpl with TPLCONV, as this is merely an image convertor to .tpl, but I think you can use U8comp.exe to place all of your .tpl's on the .ash or something like that, there used to be a very good and well explained tutorial about .tpl's .ash's and this tools but I forgot the name, but I believe the name got to do with "Wii Theme Making" or something like that, let me see if I can find it...!!

The_Reaper_CooL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well I want to extract the files out of a .tpl file (I can do that), then I want to edit them (still can do that), and then import them back in (can't do that).

So I need a good explanation that is very detailed, so I can make it working
smile.gif

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with the tpl converters as well. I can't get gxtexconv to open properly at all. I have "IMG to TPL converter.bat" in the same dir, bgd.dll, and FreeImage.dll as well. I drag the png file onto gxtexconv.exe and the window just opens and closes. And when I tried to open it from the command window, it keeps saying that FreeImage.dll isn't there =0\.

I used gally's image to tpl converter, but it doesn't work for me, because everytime I re-extract the tpl, it is completely empty, in addition to being much larger than the original tpl of the same size.

If someone can give a step-by-step method of how to use these tools or know of a tool that works better, I'd greatly appreciate it.

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
it can be done with zetsubou. i had to make some small changes to get it to work correctly. just get the source, overwrite the tpl.c with this http://pastie.org/1085029 and compile.
Thanks a lot \(^,^)! I can't get it to compile correctly because of one type of error(assigning malloc to a char* isn't allowed, or so it says) but that's prob because i'm in a cpp env. I'll see if I can get around it with, hopefully, not to much trouble.

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
just cast that shit.
Code:
char* poo = (char*)malloc( sizeof( turd ) );
I did indeed do that, but ended up having a bunch of linker errors =0\. So annoying when fixing one problem creates another. I'll get it right though.

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to drudge this back up, but [I suppose] I was able to build it correctly, but it says
Invalid usage. Usage:

exe_dir r[bmp|png] \

Or: exe_dir w[bmp|png] [file2.bmp...] "

Since you just drag the image(or tpl) and drop it on the .exe to work, I'm guessing I have to rename the file so that multiple arguments are added to the program at once? I'm not sure.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, you have to open a cmd window and type stuff into it.
dragging and dropping only passes 2 arguments, which is not enough for this program.

frubam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was still running into some errors since for some apparent reason it was crashing at gdImageCreateFromPng, but after some searching I found the solution and got it working. It might have been annoying for you but I really want to thank you for your help, you're a lifesaver m(_ _)m.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1