redrampager

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKByCbv7bp8...feature=related

At about 8 minutes into this video, he starts to overheat the CPU by unplugging the fans and turning it on. This apparently causes the CPU to overheat... I have no idea what he's talking about because mine doesn't have even the slightest bit of heat coming off of it.

This is all standard procedure for bonding thermal compound, but why isn't my 360 overheating? I do have the 3 lights, btw. I'm trying to get it to 2.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When you turn it on with the fans unplugged leave it running with the RROD until the 2 red lights appear. It could take something from 2 minutes to 20.

If your 360 doesn't overheat then there's definately something wrong with it (more wrong than the RROD already is)
tongue.gif

kokiri_link

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine didt overheat when I did the red ring fix...so I unplugged the fans, wrapped that bad boy in a towel and turned it on. 3 minutes later I had an overheated 360
biggrin.gif
20 minutes later (after cooling)..a fixed Xbox
wink.gif
Dont know about the fire hazard involved in this though
tongue.gif

haringtonl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need for this unless you modded your xbox or something. Microsoft has extended their warranty by a couple years for the RROD only. Just call them up and ask if you are covered for this free fix. Shipping to and fro are covered. I know this because I got the RROD... I got my xbox 360 back in one week.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse