Hacking Need Help with Saving NDS Games on G6

compton2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I recently purchased a G6 2g chip and am running the 4.6c version of the software. I am using a passkey 2 with a "real" game plugged into it.
I can play games fine and save games using the in game save while playing. HOWEVER, if I turn the NDS off and back on, the save game is never there..for any game. My questions are:

1. What is the correct procedure to save a game to ensure that it is available the next time I play.
2. Should I be doing something else besides just powering off the NDS when I am ready to quit? Is there another step involved to "permanently" save the game?

Thanks in advance.

compton2k6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I recently purchased a G6 2g chip and am running the 4.6c version of the software. I am using a passkey 2 with a "real" game plugged into it.
I can play games fine and save games using the in game save while playing. HOWEVER, if I turn the NDS off and back on, the save game is never there..for any game. My questions are:

1. What is the correct procedure to save a game to ensure that it is available the next time I play.
2. Should I be doing something else besides just powering off the NDS when I am ready to quit? Is there another step involved to "permanently" save the game?

Thanks in advance.

I guess it is an older G6. It doesn't say "Lite" on it anywhere. It doesnt have screws on the case to get to the battery. I was able to pry the case open and see that the battery is soldered on.
frown.gif

People say do a soft reset, but I havent been able to do that either. (Using the press every key except Y combo)

fr3kazoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This link has some info on soft reset and/or real time saves for GBA. You need to make sure you have that option checked when you transfer your rom from your pc to the G6.

http://gbatemp.net:80/index.php?showtopic=34239

As for the older model G6's battery issues, that's just my theory. Most of the threads regarding saves are older threads and therefore, older models of the G6. There don't seem to be many, if any, issues on the newest version(s) of the G6.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw