Android Need help with Samsung Galaxy J700M

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
When booting I get an error that says "... FRP lock on" (Then cellphone just turns itself off)

I heard that reinstalling the Stock rom with odin should fix this but I don't know how to do so

Thanks in advance

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/64306/J700MUBU1AOL2_J700MICE1AOL2_ICE/

I wasn't able to find your firmware elsewhere, so you'll have to deal with the slow download speed from Sammobile. It includes instructions on how to flash back to stock with ODIN, it's all pretty straight forward. Just open ODIN (make sure you have your phone's USB Drivers installed), click the AP button and select the firmware file you downloaded, boot into download mode on your phone then connect and flash. Make sure the firmware you download is for the right country, I chose Costa Rica for you (since that's what your flag is set to) but check it just in case.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/64306/J700MUBU1AOL2_J700MICE1AOL2_ICE/

I wasn't able to find your firmware elsewhere, so you'll have to deal with the slow download speed from Sammobile. It includes instructions on how to flash back to stock with ODIN, it's all pretty straight forward. Just open ODIN (make sure you have your phone's USB Drivers installed), click the AP button and select the firmware file you downloaded, boot into download mode on your phone then connect and flash. Make sure the firmware you download is for the right country, I chose Costa Rica for you (since that's what your flag is set to) but check it just in case.
Wait, I didn´t knew my country was important :/, what would happen if I install a firm from another country (I got a stock rom from another server but this-one says its country is Brazil)
(Also the download speed form that server is super slow :( )

I read here: http://www.androidofficer.com/2015/08/j700mubu1aoh6-android-511-ubu1aoh6.html that I "CAN" do it with any country but IDK if it would have side-efects

Last edited by AutumnWolf,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time it doesn't matter, but I've seen cases of people flashing ROMs and firmwares meant for other countries that end up soft bricking their phones, or end up having various issues connecting to their carrier's cell towers.

You can always try something from a different country if you want, it would probably work fine. The worst that could happen is it won't work and you just have to download and flash the correct ROM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: