Need help with possible Bricked 4.2U Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Viro, Apr 23, 2012.

Apr 23, 2012
  1. Viro
    OP

Newcomer Viro Member

United States
    Hello,
    Recently I noticed that I was unable to access my Wii Menu without the system crashing.

So I was using BootMii to access Homebrew channel. I was prompted to update and I did with no issues.

Once I updated I loaded up NeoGamma to load the PinkFish Disc. Once there I did the "Delete All" option.

After starting it up again to bring back the Wii Menu, I still got the "system is Corrupt" message.

Thankfully I can still access BootMii So I attempted to load up the Homebrew Channel again, but now the screen just goes blank & I can no longer access the channel.

The only screens I can access now are Priiloader & BootMii.

I attempted to load my NAND Backup but it failed through RestoreMii. It seems the files werent saved properly.

Is there anything I can do at this point to access the Pinkfish Disc or to restore the Wii?

If it helps further, this is a release-day Wii

2. kano

Newcomer kano Advanced Member

Malta
    it could have been better if you didnt do the delete all option using the pink fish since probably now it deleted your homebrew channel
    all you had to do is run homebrew channel and reinstall the system menu wad and its IOS using mmm

I wouldnt go any further until someone more experienced comes up with a better solution now

3. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    i dont know what recovermii is , but why would you use this over using bootmii to recover from a NAND backup.

4. Viro
    OP

Newcomer Viro Member

United States
    Apologies I misread the screen. it's "RestoreMii" not "recoverMii"

If I burned the Pinkfish Disc, is there a way I can use that? (my Wii is chipped also)

5. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Download the hackmii installer, run bootmini.elf from bootmii to reinstall HBC. Load wiimod from HBC and reinstall system ios, then system menu.

6. Viro
    OP

Newcomer Viro Member

United States
    Thank you so far for your help. I was able to reinstall & access HBC again. Now when it comes to installing the System IOS & system Menu; those are separate things? the only thing I can find is just the system Menu .wad file.

I'd like to ask abit more detail on the System IOS & implementing that otherwise I have all the other pieces ready

7. Naugh

Newcomer Naugh Member

Canada
  8. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Or 4.1+ IOS60 if you aren't an idiot.

1 person likes this.
  9. Viro
    OP

Newcomer Viro Member

United States
    Thank you all for your help. I was able to get the Wii back up & running again as well as create a proper NAND Backup. Thank you all again for your assistance :)