Need help with newest hack for wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Corbra1020, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Corbra1020
    OP

Corbra1020 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    I just setup my wii which i haven't played in years, it's hacked with bannerbomb which i think is system 4.2 or 4.3 im pretty sure its 4.2 but all the channels and everything are really old on it and i wanna get it all up to date, ill start all over which means i don't care if ANYTHING gets erased, and i used bootmii so yeah,can anyone help with that? i don't have an sd with all the hack stuff its needs on it though, i just need to know what to get and put on the SD

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    update to 4.3 if possible ( just the normal way, so every hack will be deleted). then download modmii and follow the wizard.

3. Corbra1020
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Really? so do an official nintendo update and then re-hack it?

4. ground

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    yes, that will remove bootmii and uninstall the current hacks. than you can rehack from 'scratch' using a disc game exploit or mailbomb

5. Corbra1020
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States
    Disc drive is broken so i guess i'll use mailbomb

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you update your HBC to the latest version first, it won't be uninstalled by the update so you won't need letterbomb.
    Updating to 4.3 won't delete everything homebrew, far from it in fact. It will only delete cIOSes and outdated HBC versions.
    The easiest way to get your softmod up to date is using ModMii and telling it your Wii is not softmodded yet. You don't have to uninstall any of the old softmod stuff beforehand, after you're done though you'll want to uninstall any outdated homebrew channels/forwarders and ones you no longer want as they'll just be wasting space.

Updating to 4.3 first won't do any harm, but there isn't much reason to. It adds nothing, all it does is attempt to remove softmods.

7. Corbra1020
    OP

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2011
    United States

Okay so lets say i want this, I want it so its like i just bought the wii, fresh out of the box im getting it ready ready and setting it up.

8. ground

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    jdbye is right, but I assumed that all your homebrew and hbc is outdated because you didnt play in years