Hacking Need Help with NeoGamma/WAD/IOS

Freaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently modding my friends Wii at the moment just to run a stable back up loader.

Sytem Menu 4.3u

So far we have Letterbombed to install HBC and downloaded NeoGammaR8(final) /w wad and WadManager.

I am a bit lost if there are more things that I need to download and put into the SD card, also which IOS to choose and why the wiimote shuts off on almost any IOS i pick.

Any help, or anyone willing to walk me through this so that I can learn, would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Also should I use r9 beta? If so help me through that still as this is a virgin wii.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the ModMii Wizard to install the recommended cIOS files. If you want to run disc backups, NeoGamma R9 beta is what you want to use. However, to run disc backups, the disc drive needs to be older. If it was made after 2009, it's probably too new to play disc backups, and USB-loading will be your only option for Wii backups. In that case, I recommend using Configurable USB Loader.

Freaks

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii was purchased in September of 2009 but when I checked the serial on the database it said "There is a 75% chance the chipset is GC2-D3-2 (v2) with no drive chip." Ill try to take my chances with the disc drive first as we already burned a disc.

But after I run ModMii and such, it wont be ready for NeoGamma yet correct? I would still have to install other things beforehand?

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
you never mentioned wether you backed up your nand during your modding , wether you chose to omit that info as its not relevent to your question , just reminding you in case you didnt to go do that very thing first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1