Hacking Need help with my Wii

Butox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, a few days ago I bought a used Wii from the internet. The former owner told me he used to play games from original dvds and had no hack or anything. I went to the wii system menu screen and the firmware version is "4.3U wan.". In the main menu screen there is no Homebrew channel only disk, mii, photo, wii shop, forecast and news channel. I tried to use letterbomb to install the homebrew channel, but when it starts an error shows up:

"The installer can NOT continue!
There is no vulnerable IOS installed on this Wii..."

I dont know exactly what to do, some places say I can brick my Wii if i try the wrong hack. Does anybody know which options I have to fix my Wii?

Butox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for your answer brausm08.
I downloaded Modmii as you told me and I used the 'H' option, but now I am stuck at the Multi-Mod Manager screen.
I went to the Messageboard and opened the envelope with the bomb, when the multi-mod manager shows up I cant navigate through the options and my control shuts down.
With a quick search i discovered that this manager do not work with wii remote. I am not sure if I am right, everything I found on the internet is a little outdated.
Do I need a game cube control or is there another way to use my wii remotes?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do I need a game cube controller?
No ..wiimotes work.
Are you using a wiimote with motionplus inside or with one attached, or with a nunshock attached? Cause you should use a normal wiimote

You could also use POWER, RESET, EJECT as UP, ENTER, DOWN button, if I recall correctly... not so sure though

Butox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I did everything again, to make sure I didnt missed anything, but I couldnt go past the MMM screen again.
My wiimotes have nothing written on the front bottom, I suppose they are just normal wiimotes. Just to make sure, inside, where the batteries go, there is a sticker with:
wiimote1: RVL(M)-1, RVL-003
wiimote2: RVL(H)-2, RVL-003
I tried using the buttons POWER, RESET and EJECT, but power and reset just turned off my Wii and eject just make a noise.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MMM doesn't work with the newer remotes...

you can try a different wad manager to use in MMM's place... but IIRC, it has to be a boot.elf (not boot.dol) version.

i'll do some hunting; if i find somthing i'll post a link (if anyone else has this on hand, feel free to jump in here).

EDIT: try this: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/wad-manager

1.download and unpack the YAWMM_EN.zip from the link above
2.rename the boot.elf (MMM) file in the root of you SD card
3.copy the boot.elf (YAWMM) you extracted in step 1 to the root of your SD card.
4.follow the modmii guide (it'll be a bit different since you're using a different wad manager, but the goal is the same: install the clean IOS.wad files)
5.???
6.profit.

Butox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK, I am not sure I am doing it right.
I started YAWMM and I could use my wiimote, followed the YAWMM guide, chose IOS249 for "IOS to use" and for the "NAND emulation" I left it disabled.
I opened the WAD folder and selected all IOS that were in there:
IOS31-64-v3608
IOS33-64-v3608
IOS34-64-v3608
IOS35-64-v3608
IOS36-64-v3608
IOS58-64-v6176
All files were installed correctly but, when I went back to wii system menu, nothing changed.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the wads installed correctly, you did it right. nothing is supposed to change on your wii menu. with what you did, you can now go back to your original goal of installing the HBC and modding your wii.

EDIT: just delete everything on your SD card...go back into modmii, select 'W' from the main menu...answer all the questions...follow guide...???...profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?