Need help with my old M3 Slim SD

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by DMCO, Dec 2, 2008.

Dec 2, 2008
  1. DMCO
    OP

Newcomer DMCO Advanced Member

United States
    I've been out of the flashcard news for well over a year now, and all this new mumbo jumbo with single slot is amazing. The technology has progressed so much...anyways

My trusty ol' M3 Slim SD has stopped working. I get a blank screen when I boot up. The passcard works and everything, I see the orange-white passcard screen when I boot up but then the M3 fails to boot. Is the internal battery dead, or what? I'm figuring I might have to buy a new M3 Slim but I can't find anywhere that still sells them.

Any ideas?

2. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    At this point, I'd just go ahead and buy a slot-1 card - they're much cheaper and have far better compatibility, and the prevalence of slot-2 expansions means that GBA support isn't a problem either. However, RealHotStuff still carries the SD slot-2 models of the M3 line: http://www.realhotstuff.com/-c-36_45.html

3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    much better to just buy a real perfect bundle with the normal size gba exp case

4. DMCO
    OP

Newcomer DMCO Advanced Member

United States
    I see. I'm completely out of the loop with the new stuff, how easy is the stuff now compared to the 2-slot models? And what's the general consensus on the best 1-slot brand, is it still M3?

5. carterman

Member carterman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Most people would say that the CycloDS is the best slot-1, but the M3 Real is comparable in features (and with iSakuReal, almost as good in interface, otherwise the default firmware is as clunky as you'd expect from M3) and is the best card to get for slot-2 expansion integration with the M3 GBA Expansion for GBA games and expansion RAM for games/homebrew that use it.

And using slot-1 devices are very easy - you just drag and drop files to your microSD and boot them from the card's menu, no patching necessary. Things are much better now than they were back in the day [​IMG]