Need Help With Initial D

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by 67birdman, Jul 26, 2009.

Jul 26, 2009

Need Help With Initial D by 67birdman at 9:10 PM (1,508 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. 67birdman
    OP

Member 67birdman GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hey Everyone,
    I just downloaded Initial D: Street Stage to my PSP
    Whenever I start it up, it goes to the loading screen and there is a dialog box that i dont understand, as I am not japanese.
    So this dialog box has two options: yes or no.
    I try pressing yes, the box comes up again, i press it again, there is a green box with writing on it, and the dialog box comes up again.
    I have tried pressing No, and other combos, but it doesn't go away, what do I do?
    Thanks.

2. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    If you can post screenshots I can help, but I never had any trouble with the game so I don't know if I'll get the same messages.

edit: most common notice at startup is "this game has an autosave feature", but I don't know why it wouldn't let you start.

edit 2: The 'green box' is checking your memory stick for a save file. I didn't get any other messages.
    edit 3: I started the game without a save. First was the green box that checks for a memory stick, next was a red box that warns about autosaving to your stick. I'm guessing it can't find your stick and is telling you to put one in.

Try downloading a save for Initial D and putting it in your save folder to see if it makes the message go away (if you can't take a screenshot of course)

3. 67birdman
    OP

Canada
  4. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Alright, snap000 is "you don't have any system data, would you like to create some?"

snap 001 is "starting the game with no data, is that ok? Until you create save data, you can't auto-save"

snap 002 is 'checking for a memory stick...'

So the issue is that it can't create system data for some reason.. other than a memory stick problem I'm not sure what is going wrong. Try to answer yes to creating system data, and see which screen pops up after that. If it's a new one, try to get a shot of that.

5. 67birdman
    OP

Canada
    i get the same answer everytime, it results in going to snap 001 after snap 000, then the memory stick thing, and it restarts all over again. But it still doesn't work even though I press yes.

6. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    OK, until someone else can answer problems with memory sticks and stuff, I only have this one last solution:

What button are you pressing when you select "yes"? In Japanese games the O button is always 'confirm' while X is 'cancel'. So for a lot of games, even if you are selecting 'yes', it will cancel because you pressed X. I don't know if that's the case for Initial D or not, but it's the last thing I can think of. (and it would completely explain why the game keeps looping these questions)

7. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Another issue with another game you've downloaded?! Simple fix.....Buy some games!

8. 67birdman
    OP

Canada
    O really? I didn't know that..
    I'll try pressing O, as theres nothing wrong with my memory stick.
    Thanks

9. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    Stupid question, but, do you have enough free space on your memory stick?

10. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    I'm still waiting to hear if it worked out.

11. 67birdman
    OP

Canada
    O sorry about that, it worked [​IMG]
    I had to press O instead of X.
    Thanks DS1 [​IMG]