Need help with graphics.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheDoctor, Jun 20, 2011.

Jun 20, 2011

Need help with graphics. by TheDoctor at 11:04 AM (630 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TheDoctor
    OP

Newcomer TheDoctor Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hello everyone,

I'm TheDoctor, basically, I was wondering if anybody would be so kind as to help me.
    Now, I want to take all instances of Cheren in Pokemon B/W and swap them all with the hero, Hilbert.
    I have got the mugshots done, that was a cinch, but I need to know where to find these graphics:
    - Image of male hero at intro. (Gender selection screen.)
    - In-battle sprite for Cheren. (When battling, before he throws pokeball/after win/loss.)
    - Trainer card sprite. (Male hero sprite on trainer card.)
    - Overworld sprite. (should be easy enough, I have Kazo's B/W Tools.)

Now if anybody could help me find these graphics it would be greatly appreciated, I have tried to find them myself but the list of narc files etc. in the Hacking Documentation thread is confusing and I had trouble with it being so bright.
    I would also appreciate it if someone could tell me which tools to use to edit these graphics and which ones are and aren't compressed.

Thanks!

2. boktor666

Member boktor666 Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!

Netherlands
    The overworlds are indeed easy to rip, so is the mug.. However, the trouble of the images (selection intro and in-battle) are tough cookies to crack. You see, the in-battle sprite is animated, and I haven't seen anybody rip it/edit it yet. I've tried countless times with another person, but its very tricky. However, I think that the in-battle is in the same .NARC file as the other in battles.. expect somewhat tough business.

3. TheDoctor
    OP

Newcomer TheDoctor Newbie

United Kingdom
    But, wouldn't it be possible to edit the main image in the trainer back sprite and the pallette and be done with it as it's essentially using the same animation?

4. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    you need understand with:
    - Hex Editor for check is compressed or not~
    - magic format extension, like 0x11 and 0x10, also NCER/NCGR/NSCR/and a lot more format, see on console tool document~
    - CrystalTile2 (is cannot edit sprite with 0x11, is uncompressed with 0x11 or compressed with 0x11)

for animation, you can replace with cheren data set (7 file), is not freeze for me [​IMG] aslike on backsprite i change to another sprite for test so i can pick it for animation, for now is not possible to create new animation script, NCER/ NSCR (i was found one but is weird), ect