Gaming Need Help With Glitched DS Touch Screen

reaper14th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing Kingdom Heart 358/2 on my Acekard 2i with the newest version of Akaio. The game had run fine before as I had been playing the game pretty much every day. Before the full touchscreen glitch actually occurred, there was a minor glitch in a cutscene where the motion was restarted in the middle of a text, but I thought maybe I'd just have to put in a fresh copy of the game. About a minute later, I used the touch screen to move the camera but then the camera kept on moving as if I was still touching the touch screen after I let off on it. I thought it was just an issue with the game so I turned it off. When I turned it back on, however, the touch screen still acted like it was permanently being touched as the warning screen in the beginning just went to the main menu. I was trying to touch certain icons but they didn't register very well and I have to tap it several times without any promise of it actually working. One thing though is that the buttons work just fine so i can just use the control pad to move around. I tried recalibrating the ds but it just wouldn't register my touches. Also, whenever I try to open my Acekard, the menu jumps around every few seconds. Thanks for any help I can get on the issue, I use my ds a lot and this kinda sucked for me.

reaper14th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey if i posted this in the wrong board or did something wrong, please tell me what I cn do to fix it
blush.gif
Thanks for any help

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we dont really have a hardware section anymore so this should be ok.

So according to your description theres a chance you need to replace the touch screen digitalizer or the touch screen its self. Kinda sounds like your ds screen bit the dust.

Um just a though, check to see if there is anything stuck like between the screen and the corners of the plastic of the DS.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seems like your touch screen is dead. Same thing happened to my brother's. You'll need to get a new one and replace it yourself, or send it to Ninty if it's still under warranty (or if you're willing to spend a ton of money on it).

reaper14th

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after ignoring it for a few days, it turns out it fixed itself! I was so relieved... thank you guys for your input though, and I think Bortz might have been onto something with something stuck in between the screen. I was thinking about that before too but the problem was gone by then. The only that really struck me as od was how the area being registered as being touched was sort of causing my ds screen to jump around. Anyways, thanks for your input!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its cool.
I remembered that once my friend had a grain of sand or something very small stuck in the corner and his touch screen freaked out. he got his stylus and pressed down on the screen and it shot out and it worked fine again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...