Need help with firmware version to start using browser hax

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Oshae93, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Oshae93
    OP

Oshae93 Laying Down The Law

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Ok so i set my 3ds away for a long time and i'm recently coming back to . It is currently on Ver. 10.4.0-29U. The main problem is that i tried to follow ( https://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php ) but when i open my browser it ask me to update my firmware and i know that's a red flag when it comes to homebrew. So my question is should i upgrade my firmware via system update or is there an alternative method to updating to a certain software. If the latter what is the desired firmware version and method to use.

P.s if this exact question has been asked can someone kindly just link me to it.

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  3. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    Okay, so like there is a way better thing to do. You totally need to set up Arm9Loaderhax, it is the best thing you can do ATM. Updating is not really recommended unless you have to. You can set that up here :3

Oshae93 likes this.
  4. Oshae93
    OP

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    i saw that on the front page, which is why i pulled out my 3ds, but i didnt click it lol.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ill look at this after the arm9loader

TLOZmaster likes this.
  5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    What I linked is actually the first thing you have to do to get a9lh.

Oshae93 and TLOZmaster like this.
  6. Oshae93
    OP

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I believe that was the guide i was following but that's how i ran into the update firmware issue. Im currently looking at the arm9 guide though

TLOZmaster likes this.
  7. Oshae93
    OP

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I owe you somewhat of an apology for doubting your link. Apparently when my dumbass went to that link the first time( before i made this post) i was clearing my history/cookies, IDK WHY, but this time i clicked initialize save data and it worked and went to the homebrew launcher. In short thanks. Also thanks TLOZmaster for the quick responses and pointing me in the right direction.

TLOZmaster likes this.
  8. TLOZmaster

TLOZmaster GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    Hyrule
    Of course, sorry if I didn't help much xD

Oshae93 likes this.