Need Help with DQV

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by narutard, Feb 28, 2009.

Feb 28, 2009

Need Help with DQV by narutard at 5:48 AM (1,571 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. narutard
    OP

Newcomer narutard Newbie

Malaysia
    Hey all! I just got the DQV rom and tried plaing it on my r4 but I can't even get pass the part where the King(?) or whoever walks around the room.
    He just walks to one side and back then the whole game stops moving. as in the sprites stop stamping their feet. but the music still continues. Is there
    something wrong with my game or is it meant to take forever?? Help? Thanks!!

2. Shadz

Member Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    1) Wrong section.

2) What part of the game are you referring to? Elaborate please.

3. narutard
    OP

Newcomer narutard Newbie

Malaysia
    Oh sorry..new here >.<

Erm... It's right at the beginning of the prologue.. Even BEFORE you get on the ship. In this throne room area and there's this clock ticking music.
    It's RIGHT at the very beginning. When this guy appears at the center of the room and he walks to and fro. As far as I know.. the sprites continue stamping their feet when they're just standing there but mine stops. The ticking sounds still continues though. it's right at the very beginning.. Don't knwo how to go into more detail. when I mean beginning I mean right after you input a name for the new adventure log

Oh and if it helps.. I'm using R4 v 1.18 kernel

4. Shadz

Australia
    takes like 15 seconds or so and the king should walk upstairs. I think you might have a dud game or just try with the anti-piracy cheats on.

5. karyugo

Newcomer karyugo Newbie

Japan
    [​IMG]
    It's like me......But I'm litle more after, in the boat.I can't go ahead!!
    What should I do?
    Thank's

6. Shadz

Australia
    If you are stuck on the boat then the problem is the anti-piracy stuff. To solve this download the cheat compilation in the form of .DAT files and place them in the _system_ folder on your r4. When you have done this, enable the backup enabler/piracy bypass code (should be called that) and then talk to everybody on the boat. This should enable you to pass the boat.

7. karyugo

Newcomer karyugo Newbie

Japan
    |o| thanks

8. karyugo

Newcomer karyugo Newbie

Japan
    Well I downloaded cheats on cheats.gbatemp.net and don't work....... [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Shadz

Australia
  10. karyugo

Newcomer karyugo Newbie

Japan
    Yes I use these links....first I use these all cheats, after I try these for R4....but I put together in the folder ''system'' this way is wrong?

11. Shadz

Australia
    No, you were right to put them in the _system_ folder. I'm thinking...what version is your game? Is it the Japanese version? Because maybe the cheats in the file are not for your game version? But if you have either the US or the EUR version of the game it should work fine.....

Another possibility is that maybe its just a non-working game in which you will need to get another copy of it.