Hacking Need help with config.txt

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello!
Recently I upgrade my sd2vita card to a bigger one, but now my adrenaline and previous games (psx and psp ones) won´t work (the new installed works).
I think maybe something´s wrong with my config file - I have it on ux and ur, really only need one, right?

Here´s my config:

# You must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
ux0:app/MLCL00001/henkaku.suprx
# henkaku.suprx and henkaku.skprx has moved to ur0:tai, you may remove
# the old entries above.
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx
*NPEZ00105
*NPEZ00106
*NPEZ00107
*CNPEZ0000
ur0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx
*NPEZ00109

*KERNEL
ux0:vitacheat/vitacheat.skprx
*KERNEL
ux0:tai/gamesd.skprx
*NPEG00005
ux0:adrenaline/adrenaline.suprx

Can someone help me with a more clear file that repair everything? Thanks!!

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There are a quite a few issues with that config.txt that will prevent it working.
The issues are not related to moving to a new microsd.

Try:
-Save https://pastebin.com/fXTMsX6i as ur0:tai/config.txt
-Make sure you have copied the plugin files to the locations that you've entered into your the config.txt:

ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx

-Delete the ux0:tai folder so that the vita uses ur0:tai/config.txt

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There are a quite a few issues with that config.txt that will prevent it working.
The issues are not related to moving to a new microsd.

Try:
-Save https://pastebin.com/fXTMsX6i as ur0:tai/config.txt
-Make sure you have copied the plugin files to the locations that you've entered into your the config.txt:

ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx

-Delete the ux0:tai folder so that the vita uses ur0:tai/config.txt
Thans, Count, I´ll trying right now!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, it worked! But now adrena won´t see my games, need some work though and I´ll research.
Thanks a lot!!!

Yeah, it worked! But now adrena won´t see my games, need some work though and I´ll research.
Thanks a lot!!!

It says could not load adrenaline kernel...

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Your main problem with the config.txt was that you had several '*KERNEL' sections. You can only have one and it must be the first section.
'ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx' must always be the fist line in the '*KERNEL' section if using an sd2vita.

Does adrenaline (the purple icon) itself work?

You had a lot of entries to 'ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx', I've never used 'adrenaline bubble booster' so you may need to reinstall those bubbles or google for more information.
Adrenaline (the purple icon) should work as long as you installed it as per https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline

If it's not working then I'd have to suggest re-installing it as per that link. Automated install programs may do things in strange ways.

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your main problem with the config.txt was that you had several '*KERNEL' sections. You can only have one and it must be the first section.
'ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx' must always be the fist line in the '*KERNEL' section if using an sd2vita.

Does the actual adrenaline bubble (purple icon) itself (not psp game bubbles) load?

You had a lot of entries to 'ux0:adrbblbooter/adrbblbooter.suprx', I've never used 'adrenaline bubble booster' so you may need to reinstall those bubbles or google for more information.
Adrenaline (the purple icon) should work as long as you installed it as per https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline

If it's not working then I'd have to suggest re-installing it as per that link. Automated install programs may do things in strange ways.
Thanks again. Adrenaline is working now, but my uma0 was lost and I can´t mount it via vitashell (already remove and put several times)... any hint?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks again. Adrenaline is working now, but my uma0 was lost and I can´t mount it via vitashell (already remove and put several times)... any hint?

Do you mean mounting the official vita memory card as uma0:, as well as mounting the sd2vita as ux0: ?

You would need to make sure you have the correct version of the gamesd.skprx plugin located in ur0:tai
http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/ (links to the plugin are near at the bottom of the article)

I can't help much with that issue, I use the original gamesd.skprx plugin by xyz that mounts the sd2vita as ux0: and does not use uma0:

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you mean mounting the official vita memory card as uma0:, as well as mounting the sd2vita as ux0: ?

You would need to make sure you have the correct version of the gamesd.skprx plugin located in ur0:tai
http://wololo.net/2017/07/20/setting-sd2vita-adapter-formatting-microsd-can-done-windows/ (links to the plugin are near at the bottom of the article)

I can't help much with that issue, I use the original gamesd.skprx plugin by xyz that mounts the sd2vita as ux0: and does not use uma0:
Thanks a lot! That solve almost all issues, sorry to bother before check everything...
Now Adrenaline is 100% and see all my games on uma0 again.
BUT...
The bubbles wont load with the error "could not load adrenaline_kernel.skprx. Please reboot or use the adrBubbleBooterInstaller".
Maybe reinstall my bubbles will fix it?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot! That solve almost all issues, sorry to bother before check everything...
Now Adrenaline is 100% and see all my games on uma0 again.
BUT...
The bubbles wont load with the error "could not load adrenaline_kernel.skprx. Please reboot or use the adrBubbleBooterInstaller".
Maybe reinstall my bubbles will fix it?

I guess try:
-uninstall the bubbles that you created with 'adrenaline bubble booter', DON'T uninstall the main adrenaline bubble with the purple icon
-delete all the lines related to the custom adrenaline bubbles from the ur0:tai/config.txt (eg https://pastebin.com/7J5WL5e9) then power the vita off and back on
-create the bubbles again however you did the first time, google to see if there is a new version of that program first

Check on the release/help forum for adrenaline bubble booter.
I don't use custom adrenaline bubbles myself, I just launch adrenaline then then load game I want from the XMB.

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally, after various issues I´ve fixed, thanks, @Count Duckula! Now I´ll reinstall all my bublles as something prevents my older bubbles to load.

Edit:
Now it´s all ok, reinstall all the bubbles again and its working like a charm.
Only issue is, besides I have that line on config thant should prevent Adrenaline needing to be started twice it wont work.

Last edited by MUDD_BR,
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Finally, after various issues I´ve fixed, thanks, @Count Duckula! Now I´ll reinstall all my bublles as something prevents my older bubbles to load.

Edit:
Now it´s all ok, reinstall all the bubbles again and its working like a charm.
Only issue is, besides I have that line on config thant should prevent Adrenaline needing to be started twice it wont work.

Does the plugin exist where the line specifies (ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx)?
As long as you installed adrenaline as per the instructions it should work.

You can copy the adrenaline_kernel.skprx to ur0:tai and change the line in uro:tai/config.txt to 'ur0:tai/adrenaline_kernel.skprx' without quotes. You should not need to however, it works fine for me from the original location.

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does the plugin exist where the line specifies (ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx)?
As long as you installed adrenaline as per the instructions it should work.

You can copy the adrenaline_kernel.skprx to ur0:tai and change the line in uro:tai/config.txt to 'ur0:tai/adrenaline_kernel.skprx' without quotes. You should not need to however, it works fine for me from the original location.
Yeah, the plugin is ok, I'll double check later and try to move to ur0. Thanks again!

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i created a backup of my sd card and recently it stopped working, but now when i try ftp my backup (from when it was working) of my tia folder with everything inside, now the config.txt keeps changing into a directory rather than the txt file.

even tho it is not a folder on my backup, its a txt file.

anyone know why this is changing to a directory when i try mount sd2vita as ux0 like i used to?

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i created a backup of my sd card and recently it stopped working, but now when i try ftp my backup (from when it was working) of my tia folder with everything inside, now the config.txt keeps changing into a directory rather than the txt file.

even tho it is not a folder on my backup, its a txt file.

anyone know why this is changing to a directory when i try mount sd2vita as ux0 like i used to?
Can you please post some images of this issue? It´s weird, it looks like the txt file transforms itself in another file type? Can´t you just rename it to .txt and transfer to ur0:tai folder via Vitashell?

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here are screen grabs, the rar is my backup before it went tits up, the filezilla window is what happens when i mount sd2vita as ux0
upload_2018-7-5_15-49-42.png

ive now got it to boot my sd2vita but i cant get it to run vitacheat anymore either.

my ur0 is configured the same
my uma0 is configured the same
my ux0 is ment to be the same but config.txt keeps changing to a directory.

if i change sd2vita as uma0 it also changes its config to a directory rather than a txt file

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, it´s really weird, but could you try to rename the config.txt on Molecular/Vitashell? just delete the .bak after ,txt on that config file. Just ignore the folder for now (ah, have something inside this folder?).

And remember to delete tai folder under ux0, keep only on ur0!

Last edited by MUDD_BR,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, it´s really weird, but could you try to rename the config.txt on Molecular/Vitashell? just delete the .bak after ,txt on that config file. Just ignore the folder for now (ah, have something inside this folder?).
seriously dont get whats going on, my henkaku settings have gone, im on instant boot 3.60, everything else seems to run ok other than vitacheat

MUDD_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But you have your vitacheat files on which folder? Your Vitashell is working ok? If so, try to use it instead of FTP to transfer your backup again. Just press select on any screen of Vitashell to see your ux0 folder on PC like a USB storage!

who_cares

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I am bringing back an old thread cause I just got a Vita and the guy (kid) who did it for me left all this shit missing.

I have an sd2vita on a white 1001 (japan?) model.

It came with adreniline and vitashell and all the shit it should have.

When I download dlc packs from PKGj, they do not work / install correctly.

Some other forum said I needed a certain command line in my confic.txt to install_psp_as_pbp 1.
Also, my psp games need to be in the eboot format and NOT iso, which PKGj seems to only download iso...?

Any help and direction would be super super greatly appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...