Need help with CFG USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo
    OP

Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    So I have tried to get Config usb loader to work 100% for a couple months now but it randomly decides to not start the game and im stuck on the loading screen. It says "Booting Game....Please wait" and it never boots up. After playing the game a couple times and it works, I will eventually get that infinite load screen that causes my games to never boot up. I have my games on a 32gb flashdrive and have it formatted correctly so whats the problem? Please help, its very frustrating to have to reinstall the games on my usb so multiple times to have it work for a little bit and eventually stop working. Thanks.

2. siliconmessiah

siliconmessiah GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2010
    United States
    United States
    Flash drives are known causing problems. Get a USB-HDD if you can.

3. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    The system still recognizes it the same as a USB. How would that help him/her...?

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Most USB flash drives don't implement the complete USB storage protocol. If the drive shows up as a fixed disk when you connected to a PC it should work fine. If it shows up as removable it may or may not.

5. Ruby Gloom

Ruby Gloom GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 25, 2015
    Dalvík, Iceland
    Hmm. The more you know I suppose. I learn something new every day here on the temp. :)

6. Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    So is my problem here the flashdrive or could it be I need to update something?

7. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    Happy furry land with Lucar
    What flashdrive are you using? Sandisk cruzer is highly recommended I don't see nor had any issues with mine.

8. Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    Im using a pny attache 32gb but i dont see why a different brand of flashdrive would function differently.

9. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    There is a compatibility list for flashdrives here and some are made differently with reads and write speeds. Some brand are worse than others.

10. Aaaaaaaaaaaylmaoooooo
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2015
    United States
    So i have looked at the list and it says that my flashdrive is compatible with the loader. Could it be another issue besides the usb that is causing it to not load up games?

11. jDSX

jDSX LUEicide

Jun 15, 2015
    United States
    It could be defective I suggest either getting a sandisk cruzer or a HDD for playing wii/GC off of.