Need Help with Cen64 Emulator?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Centrix, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    So I downloaded cen64 and I keep running into this issue "cannot connect to sqlite database" how do I fix this lol I have java sun installed lol :P

Any one else having this issue?

2. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

May 20, 2015
    Brazil
    Working fine for me. The sqlite database you're looking for, as far as I know, is used by the front-end gui(I just tried Cen64-Qt and it generates one), not the emulator itself, which is a command-line tool.

My suggestion: open a command prompt or terminal emulator, navigate to the folder where the cen64(not cen64-qt) binary is, run it with pifdata.bin and the path to a .z64 ROM as parameters, and see if it runs fine.

If you don't want to do that, try redownloading the front-end, making sure to delete .sqlite and .ini files that might have been created when it was first ran.

Note: sqlite has nothing to do with Java.

3. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    any chance I could get you to upload the sqlite database file for me I can't seem to get cen64-qt to generate one for me no matter what I do :(

4. spoonm

spoonm Can count to 3.

May 20, 2015
    Brazil
    Zipped both cen64-qt.ini and cen64-qt.sqlite. Not sure if these are going to be useful to you, but as you asked, here.

In case it doesn't work as intended, maybe try downloading cen64-qt from another source or another frontend? I ran the Windows version of cen64-qt I downloaded from this page: http://emulationrealm.net/downloads/category/966-cen64. There are two more front-ends there, and on the same website, a Linux version(both binaries and source) can be found here: http://emulationrealm.net/downloads/category/967-cen64

Attached Files:

5. Centrix
    OP

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    Thank you a bunch, I appreciate it :D