need help with botched downgrade

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mashiro21, Nov 20, 2016.

1. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    old 3ds XL was downgraded from 9.7 to 9.2, and after formatting to unlink emunands, the 3ds black screened after boot. the safe mode still works so i try that, but whenever i try updating, the can't update error screen pops up instantly (doesn't even take 2 seconds for the bar to load before the error pops up). anything else i can do before i give up?

any type of help will be greatly appreciated.

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    pop the sd card out, you probably just have a menuhax/theme conflict

3. SirSpiffy

SirSpiffy Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2016
    gamesquest1, are you doing hardmods in the UK? I live in London, would like a hardmod etc
    How much do you pay for hardmod for n3ds 11.0?

4. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    popped out sd, no go. popped out sd and cartridge, still no go. :(

i was not able to get a backup of my nand. damn it.

5. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    unless you install the wrong downgrade pack I. e wrong region or wrong model recovery menu should still work

if it was neither of those issues do you happen to have the tubehax dns setup or anything that would be blocking the Nintendo update server

6. mashiro21
    OP

mashiro21 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2014
    thanks for all your help, by the way. i'm pretty sure i used the correct system updates as i was able to boot into it after downgrading, the problem came after the format. i tried different wifi connections to no avail. i can't really call nintendo because the philippines does not have an official number we can use and nintendo won't let skype users call them without a US number (i can call paypal with skype just fine, nintendo don't trust other people, apparently, lol)