need help with a semi-bricked wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by yooby, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009
  1. yooby
    OP

Newcomer yooby Newbie

United States
    I think i have a semi bricked wii with 3.4e firmware installed. im pretty sure its a semi brick cause i can play games normally but can get into settings.

I need help fixing the brick as i am new to the whole wii hacking field. I saw the some guides to fixing this but i really dont know where to get the programs i need so any help is appricated. i think those guides assume i have stuff like hbc and tp hack installed but i dont.

Also i currently have a WiiD chip installed that works great even with the newer games but i was wondering if Softmoding is a better way to do go or if the Hardmod is easier.

2. pebls123

Member pebls123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    for a semi brick i think all you have to do is reinstall the system menu, this can be done by using anyregionchanger but this will bring you to 3.2,which is a way better firmware anyway.You can find it on wiibrew.com or just use the search feature here.
    But im not 100% sure on this if someone can confirm this can fix a semi brick

3. 1ronlung

Member 1ronlung GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Along similar lines ...

Using a combination of IOS downgrader, CIOS downgrader and Anyregionchanger - mixed with a large spoonful of brute force and ignorance - My will OS is in a bit of a state.

Can't say in which order and how many times I used each of the mentioned apps, but can give you the latest..

Anyregionchanger was failing at the first hurdle. Used IOS downgrader followed by CIOS downgrader to 3.2E. CIOS downgrade worked fine. Now, any regionchanger will process the first 15 files, but when it comes to the next 9, it has the area as SU or ES - downloads the 9 files then craps out.

Can't help but think I've bits of most f/ws lurking about. Now at one stage I did run 3.3 safeupdate and I've a funny feeling it's biting me in the arse now.
    Even tried running the official Nintendo update, but that also craps out at various stages...

Anyone able to point me in the right direction ? Games running now using miiwii and f/w showing as 3.2E. I'm fairly certain the f/w's gonna bug out though if I do ever update it..

Just to make things worse, not even my console (I was sensible and got mine modded [​IMG] )

Thanks in advance

4. Skarface05

Member Skarface05 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Follow a 3.4 downgrade guide from the guide section which has been stickied.

This should sort you out.

5. yooby
    OP

Newcomer yooby Newbie

United States
    im trying to follow the Wii Backup Launcher guide for downgrading and then upgrading the wii here http://www.iol.ie/~taz/wii/WiiHowToGamma.html
    but i cant find the .zip file needed for this guide...
    does anyone now where i can find it?