Hacking Need help using NTR Debugger

MK7 Fan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install and use NTR Debugger, but it says I need a custom firmware. What is that? And how do I get it? I am on an old 3DS 10.5

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I want to install and use NTR Debugger, but it says I need a custom firmware. What is that? And how do I get it? I am on an old 3DS 10.5

To use NTR debugger, you need the NTR CFW (custom firmware).

And I believe to use the debugger features, you need to be on a fw 9.0 - 9.2 to use the features.

Hence, you need to risk downgrading.

We've got multiple good guides online.

I'll recommend using Safesysupdater to check the .cia downgrade files, to ensure they are safe to use first.

edit:

Sysnand is system nand (your system OS)
and emunand is emulated nand (your system OS files/memory cloned onto a partition of your 3DS' SD card)

I'll recommend you familiarize yourself with the terms.

It may seem like a daunting task, but you need to start from somewhere

Last edited by Queno138,

MK7 Fan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To use NTR debugger, you need the NTR CFW (custom firmware).

And I believe to use the debugger features, you need to be on a fw 9.0 - 9.2 to use the features.

Hence, you need to risk downgrading.

We've got multiple good guides online.

I'll recommend using Safesysupdater to check the .cia downgrade files, to ensure they are safe to use first.
Oh ok. What is a cia? (sorry huge noob here)

Reactions: ImCarlosGG

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

I'll try to keep it as short and sweet as possible.

You know that you can install files using eshop, like games or updates or patches.
Those files are bundled in the .cia format, and can be installed onto your 3DS without eshop, provided you're on the system firmware mentioned above,
with a nice CFW.

Additionally, but not directly related,
game cartridges that are ripped out, and used by Gateway 3DS or Sky 3DS (flashcarts) typically use the .3ds/.3dz format.
.3DS/.3DZ can also be converted to .cia, but this isn't presently your concern.

You should read/watch on how to get the following working:
1. Homebrew Launcher on >=9.3, and the relevant 3DS you're using (O3DS or N3DS), probably through Browserhax
2. How to get Menuhax working (I find it more reliable than Browserhax)
3. Sysupdater and downgrading

Once those three are done, you should check:
1. Installing RXtools/Reinand (depending on 3DS model)

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is sysnand? A homebrew app?

A CIA is a file type which can be installed to the system via a CIA manager like FBI, BigBlueMenu, or NASA.

Two words you'll often hear here are sysNAND and emuNAND.
Your system nand is, well, your system's nand. If you write to your system nand, your changes are permanent unless you have a hardmod (meaning you take apart your 3DS and solder a transfer cable support onto the motherboard). So if you screw up your sysnand, your console is pretty much dead. In the tech scene it's called a brick. When you mess up the sysnand, you're almost guaranteed a hard brick. If you just mess up something not relating to the nand but on the system, you're likely going to experience a soft brick which can still be dangerous, but it's usually possible to recover from it.

emuNAND is a way of 'emulating' your system nand, allowing you to run what looks like 2 separate 3ds consoles on a single console. So long as you unlink the two nands, you can keep your system nand at a different firmware version than your emunand (e.g. sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.5 is common here), meaning you can install homebrew and all that dirty pirate stuff but still have an updated nand. If you mess up your emunand, you can simply restore back to your backup WHICH I KNOW YOU'LL MAKE IF YOU DO IT SOMETIME, and avoid making the same mistake!

Reactions: Arubaro

MK7 Fan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A CIA is a file type which can be installed to the system via a CIA manager like FBI, BigBlueMenu, or NASA.

Two words you'll often hear here are sysNAND and emuNAND.
Your system nand is, well, your system's nand. If you write to your system nand, your changes are permanent unless you have a hardmod (meaning you take apart your 3DS and solder a transfer cable support onto the motherboard). So if you screw up your sysnand, your console is pretty much dead. In the tech scene it's called a brick. When you mess up the sysnand, you're almost guaranteed a hard brick. If you just mess up something not relating to the nand but on the system, you're likely going to experience a soft brick which can still be dangerous, but it's usually possible to recover from it.

emuNAND is a way of 'emulating' your system nand, allowing you to run what looks like 2 separate 3ds consoles on a single console. So long as you unlink the two nands, you can keep your system nand at a different firmware version than your emunand (e.g. sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.5 is common here), meaning you can install homebrew and all that dirty pirate stuff but still have an updated nand. If you mess up your emunand, you can simply restore back to your backup WHICH I KNOW YOU'LL MAKE IF YOU DO IT SOMETIME, and avoid making the same mistake!
Ok... so how do I do all of this?

D

Deleted User

??????? Why is this so complicated?? All I want is a simple MK7 NTR Debugger to work on my system.
Blame Nintendo. They're the ones who secure your system with anti-kernel-exploit stuff and supply your updates. They would never want you to have fun with debuggers and stuff because they want you to play their games as they were intended to be played. :glare:

So the only advice I'd give to you is just to get another 3DS with a firmware with 10.3 or under.

Fishguy6564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??????? Why is this so complicated?? All I want is a simple MK7 NTR Debugger to work on my system.
The debugger itself isn't user friendly either. You need to understand the proper terms in order to understand how it works and to get it to work properly.

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Honestly, if you're already crying about it being difficult before even starting, don't bother trying. You're going to brick your system. None of this is supposed to be easy, but honestly it's a lot easier now than it was a few years ago. You don't know how much time developers put in without pay just to further these projects.

And by the way, we all know you want to cheat online.

The debugger itself isn't user friendly either. You need to understand the proper terms in order to understand how it works and to get it to work properly.

I'm working on the multiplatform port of the debugger which is much more user-friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs