need help updating soft modded wii u

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Yashkee, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Yashkee
    OP

Yashkee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    I soft moded my Wii u some time ago but I did something wrong somewhere along the way, but i'm not sure what. Looking through the forums it seems i may have installed a wii iOS instead of a vwii one. The problem i'm having is now my system can no longer update or enter the eshop. Whenever I try to update the system I get one of the following errors 162-3006, 162-9902, 162-0025, 105-3102. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get me on track to fix my problem. I recently reinstalled the homebrew channel on it after a failed restore and installed mmm. here is my syscheck.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by Yashkee, Jul 5, 2015
  2. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    wut? -_-

3. Yashkee
    OP

Yashkee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    sorry i had to go back and do some spell checking.

Last edited by Yashkee, Jul 5, 2015
  4. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Run the newer syscheck. Looks old, but 53 and 55 shouldn't be patched. IOS70 doesn't exist on vWii. That's likely your problem.

http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149

You can probably use 236 to install what you need. You should also install CIOS while you're at it. But do that later.

The check you posted is pretty inaccurate, and was done in 2012. Follow instructions above and run the newer syscheck.

5. Yashkee
    OP

Yashkee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    ok thanks i ran the 236 for vwii also i tried to delete 1os70 from mmm but it didn't delete. How can i remove ios70 and unpatch 53 and 55 I ran the new sys check you gave the link for the date still says 2012 not sure why.

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If you still have the original WAD files you installed, you can use the same WAD file to uninstall IOS70. If not you will have to use AnyTitle Deleter assuming that works on vWii. But using AnyTitle Deleter you can easily uninstall the wrong thing and mess your vWii up further or even brick it so be careful.
    To unpatch IOS53 and IOS55 you'll need the original vWii IOS WADs, which can only be dumped from a Wii U, so unless you made a dump of your vWii IOS with BlueDump before you installed anything, you'll need help from someone who has dumped them from their Wii U.
    You might not need to do anything about IOS70, since it's not normally installed on vWii it might not be checked.

7. gunner007

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Delete this.

Last edited by gunner007, Jul 6, 2015
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    He did. Check the spoiler tag. They're all Wii IOS.

9. gunner007

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    My bad, missed that. Weird it usually has the header with the Syscheck version. Guess his date/time must be off since it says 2012 run date.

In any case, check your PM's in a moment for 53 and 55. Install them using YAWMM using 236. After you install 53 and 55, run another syscheck to verify they were replaced. Then try updating/e-shop. If you can update, then good. Not sure if the WiiU will care about 70 due to vWii not having it. Only one way to find out though!

10. Yashkee
    OP

Yashkee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    ok the update finally worked thanks for everything. Also I can enter the eshop again. I had to install the wads using mmm and 236 and i deleted 70 as well. here is the syschek after I did that and before i updated the system. Also the reason my date was incorrect was because my wii u time and date was wrong

11. gunner007

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
  12. Yashkee
    OP

Yashkee Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2015
    United States
    Thanks! You've been a huge help. I was working on this problem since last year I just gave up on it. Now I know what I did wrong I was just installing Wii wads on my vwii and had no idea what I was doing.