Need help setting up my DS/Max Media Dock

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by LightyKD, Apr 1, 2009.

Apr 1, 2009
  1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    ...First off, YES, I have a Max Media Dock. YES I know how much the MMD sucks compared to other cards BUT, it's all I have so please, NO HATING!

Now, with all of that said. Does anyone know of a menu replacement that's better than DS Organize??? The damn thing keeps mucking up my files. I did three days worth of story writing through the damn thing and it totally mucked up my file! i know that Menu Do is being worked on but the whole PlayStation feel is kinda a turn off. Dsision 2 was pretty ok and I LOVED the DSI setup but it was pretty incomplete [​IMG] Does the first version have the DSI look? What would you tempers consider to be a good menu alternative to DS Organize... the only other thing I Need is a text editor that lets me save to my card and continue from same spot.

2. Sarvesh50

Member Sarvesh50 Aye!

Netherlands
    s*cker [​IMG]
    I cant help you sorry

3. alex

Member alex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    menuDO is not just XMB themed, it is completely skinnable, just wait for it. [​IMG]

Look for Moonshell. It's pretty decent, I used that a lot when I had a Games 'n' Music(just like Max Media dock, but with MicroSD and firmware is on the card and not MicroSD)

4. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    I actually tried looking for a "Games and Music" card just so that i can have a slot 1 card but all the wal marts that sold them are sold out in my area [​IMG] I guess I could try online but that option was open last month, now I cant afford it so I'm stuck with my current setup

5. Virgil

Newcomer Virgil Member

United States
    Max Media Dock as in the CCMF loader, or including the HDD? If its only the loader, that shouldn't matter too much on the skinning of it; It is based upon your card's speed, not the actual loader. If HDD, then it will naturally be slower, trust me.

If you are looking for a new card, go for something more productive (Like R6, but I have yet to purchase it, but the idea of motion sensor and rumble feels like a much more grander idea.). Games 'N' Music can be directly purchased from the distributor, Datel, at a more economic price (Or from eBay, which I had bought my original one for around 20$, american.).

As for menu replacement....Hmm...I would just go for a card change, in all; if you are using Max Media Launcher, it won't really load home brew apps correctly without prior DLDI patching (Horrible, I know; flash cart without DLDI patching!), so simply switch off to a new one.

As for text editor, go to the homebrew wiki (If the link is here.) and check for one; I have it myself, but I also run with a Max Media Launcher, so it doesn't load right. Even with DS Organize patching it, it doesn't load correctly, but the editor does do direct disk writing. Hopefully I was of some help.