Need Help Selfhosting

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anytime I set a dns all i get are connection errors. Is there a setting on McAfee (save the jokes) preventing me from using a dns on my WiFi? Cuz when I setup wifi and set all to auto, internet works. But if I add a dns from my pc to selfhost all I get is connection error everywhere.

And shouldn’t I be able to use Leeful selfhost.exe and enter the address into any web browser (phone to test) and it should load something right? I get nothing. So it’s blocking the connection somehow.

Just tell me who to kill. This is driving me insane

And this is without dns so there should really be no issues and it still won’t connect. Something is blocking the connection.

Last edited by laz305,

Izofeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Disable all 3 profiles on Windows firewall to see if it's the issue. Your private IP is in the A class range so check the subnet masks (they should be 255.0.0.0).

Reactions: laz305

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable all 3 profiles on Windows firewall to see if it's the issue. Your private IP is in the A class range so check the subnet masks (they should be 255.0.0.0).
Right now on PS4 connection status it shows as

laz305

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Jesus lol that was it. I disabled firewall for 15min inside McAfee and bam connected fine again. Now any idea how I can turn it back on but still be able to connect?

Last edited by laz305,

Izofeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I suggest uninstalling McAfee as it's malware. Windows has a built in antivirus and firewall which shouldn't block this kind of private network packets by default.

subworx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I suggest uninstalling McAfee as it's malware. Windows has a built in antivirus and firewall which shouldn't block this kind of private network packets by default.
I agree with the malware part ;) McCrappy, as we call it.
But the Windows firewall blocks packets by default as well - unless you allow the traffic in the really big popup that comes up the first time the selfhost application tries to start the server part - after McCrappy is gone and the Windows Firewall is back in action.

With both, you can also go to the respective Firewall settings and add a rule to allow that executable.

Izofeu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I agree with the malware part ;) McCrappy, as we call it.
But the Windows firewall blocks packets by default as well - unless you allow the traffic in the really big popup that comes up the first time the selfhost application tries to start the server part - after McCrappy is gone and the Windows Firewall is back in action.

With both, you can also go to the respective Firewall settings and add a rule to allow that executable.
I'll add to this reply - Windows firewall does block all incoming packets, however if you cancel the firewall prompt, by default Windows adds an exception to allow packets through private networks only.

Reactions: subworx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet