Need help rooting old phone.

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi have unfortunately bought the Android phone Kyocera Hydro Wave. While the phone is meh in general, it has sp many bugs with the kernel and sometimes opens applications happening. I got the phone n 2015 and got another phone in the next 3 months because its that bad. Before I keep talking crap about my old phone ( because it really sucks!!!!!!) I was wondering if I could root it?

Problem is I did a little research and use certain applications and it said "root failed". Does anyone ever rooted the phone because please tell me how? Also if people have some suggestions that would help:huh:

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which applications have you tried?

I generally use Kingo Root when trying to root something new

kingo root said root failed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here are some pics using king root. Yes I have used some rooting apps on pc to phone but results ended the same way. Please help :ohnoes:
WIN_20160518_15_09_08_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160518_15_09_57_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160518_15_10_07_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160518_15_10_13_Pro.jpg

K

KingpinSlim

I would really love to offer some advice and help you right here in the forum, but i have to admit that this place might simply not be the best place to ask such specific questions relating to mobile phones.

I would highly advise you to google "xda-developers". The world largest community centered around mobile phones, firmwares and hacking.

This might be, in this case, a better place to ask for assistance.

Reactions: 3DSPoet

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really love to offer some advice and help you right here in the forum, but i have to admit that this place might simply not be the best place to ask such specific questions relating to mobile phones.

I would highly advise you to google "xda-developers". The world largest community centered around mobile phones, firmwares and hacking.

Thnx for the tip I'll open a thread there but still keep this one open if anyone has ideas

TechyTurtle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i checked if you can root that phone and if it is handy.
the phone has 1 gb of ram that means it isn't the worst idea to root it because that is the minimum.
here a link of what you can try tough usb debuging.
http://androidgoroot.com/how-to-root-kyocera-hydro-wave/

I'm aware that my phone is crap so I'm mainly doing this to replace my current firmware and maybe install Linux (if I feel like). Anyhow thanks for the link I'll check it out

3DSPoet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I second this suggestion. If it CAN be rooted, then XDA will have the info!

Reactions: KingpinSlim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Stop doing drugs