Hacking Need help restoring a .sav

Jorchking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I did weeks ago a full microSD (32GB) back up to a new microSD (16GB) except the size both have the same specs, the R4 is the 2017 R4ISDHC GOLD PRO. Eveyrthing is OK but the saves are not read anymore, they got overwritten by the new save file. And everytime I tried to recover the .sav it got overwritten.
I tried to load it in a emulator same issue.
So I tried to start a new game to check if there is a R4 or save problem, I end up to the check point and save. Then restart the R4 but the new save is loadable and the emulator recognize this .sav file. But I don't understand why the back up .sav is not loadable or not recognized because before the back up the .sav worked perfectly as the same one I just created.
Is there any way to "restore" the "save file"? Anyone can help me with this. I still have the back up .sav that none, the emulator and R4, wanna be read (Also I still have the new .sav just in case).

Last edited by Jorchking,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I did weeks ago a full microSD (32GB) back up to a new microSD (16GB) except the size both have the same specs, the R4 is the 2017 R4ISDHC GOLD PRO. Eveyrthing is OK but the saves are not read anymore, they got overwritten by the new save file. And everytime I tried to recover the .sav it got overwritten.
I tried to load it in a emulator same issue.
So I tried to start a new game to check if there is a R4 or save problem, I end up to the check point and save. Then restart the R4 but the new save is loadable and the emulator recognize this .sav file. But I don't understand why the back up .sav is not loadable or not recognized because before the back up the .sav worked perfectly as the same one I just created.
Is there any way to "restore" the "save file"? Anyone can help me with this. I still have the back up .sav that none, the emulator and R4, wanna be read (Also I still have the new .sav just in case).
There is no way to restore something that has been overwritten on the flashcart micro SD card, you could however look online for complete saves and try those instead.

Jorchking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Then just delete the old save on your microSD card and place your save on it, that's what I do anyways.
As I indicated above I did that but the .sav is reemplazed creating a new one. The .sav I back up is not recognized by the R4 nor desmume emulator. And the save was working perfectly before the back up, and I backed up twice the SD content. I don't know what happened.

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I indicated above I did that but the .sav is reemplazed creating a new one. The .sav I back up is not recognized by the R4 nor desmume emulator. And the save was working perfectly before the back up, and I backed up twice the SD content. I don't know what happened.
Is the save a different size versus the new created save?

General chit-chat
Help Users
    C @ CommanderCool: Any good places mirroring Sea of Harkinian lately besides their shitty discord?