Hacking Need help r4 for 3ds

AdnanMuhammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok so my stupid cousin updated my 3DS to 3.0.0.6u and now my r4 doesn't work anymore.
the R4 card is from r4n3ds.com and its red in colour. While I managed to come in contact with a DS there was to update setting in the options and I'm at a loss currently....Can any one help?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll help you. 1 sec while I look at the v3.0.0.6 update file for your card. I never heard of this card. Where did you buy it?

Put this on the root of your flash card with no other files (you put everything that is inside the "ENG" folder on the root of your micro sd card, but not the "ENG" folder itself). Once done, go ahead and put the card in a DS ( the firmware must be lower than v3.0.0.6) and start it up and choose the flash card's icon on the main menu and the update program should open up immediately. DO NOT SHUT OFF UNTIL THE UPDATER PROGRAM SAYS "100% SUCCESSFUL AND YOU CAN REBOOT." IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THAT RULE, YOU WILL DESTROY YOUR CARD.
By the way, slap your cousin in the head, for pulling that crap, on your 3DS :lol:

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok. Please read my post above again, because I added a link and some instructions. Where are you located, US? I gave you a link to English but if you need another language I can link you to it. :)

AdnanMuhammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Oh ok. Please read my post above again, because I added a link and some instructions. Where are you located, US? I gave you a link to English but if you need another language I can link you to it. :)
uhh with that it doesn't even show the menu. it has that "menu?" white screen...atleast on my friends DSi

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me the files it has at the root of your micro sd card? Please label the files and folders like this: "F" if its a file and "FD" if it's a folder (Example: r4i.tp F, update.dat F, moonshl FD) This will let me see if you have the files extracted properly. Also please format the micro sd card using "Panasonic SD Formatter v3.1" (google it and download)---Use the default settings to format your micro sd card, all you need to do is: format>yes>yes>done Report back when this is done. I'll have you up and running in no time. :)

AdnanMuhammed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Well I formatted it with panasonic sd fomatter v2.something and tried again (on a dsi) and with the files from the site it was still giving the menu? error It worked fine with the files from r4sdhc though but no update button

I will try again today with sd formatter v3.1 and with a DS and see if theres a difference.
Also could you send me a link showing the update process? (preferably a video)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s