Hardware Need Help Please

SuperSayianGod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need a little help. I'm trying to format a Micro sd card in my Switch before converting to CFW and it keeps telling me the console needs a system update in order to format the sd card. The system is currently on 9.0.1 and I have BOTH Auto-update and Wifi Disabled to ensure it can't update on its own. Any Solutions, please.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
hi , your switch does not reconise you mSd card because it's in exfat format i guess , and your switch need to download that exfat driver.

1- is your official system 9.1.0 ? if yes do the format , cuz your efuse are already burned.

2 - your ofw is less than 9.1.0 and you have updated via choixdujour , then do the same update via choidujour and choose your firmware with the (exfat) option.

3- you are afraid to go online with your switch , then you can install the exfat driver via choidujour , like in section 2 here , for that you need your mSd card in fat32 format.

if you are gonna use homebrews (retroarch ....) i'll recomend sticking with the fat32

Last edited by mitcha,

SuperSayianGod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Sd card is already formatted to FAT32 but the switch keeps telling me it needs the system Update to recognize the card and I'm still in OFW mode not CFW yet. I'm getting ready to install cfw on to it.

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
how big is you sd card ?
did you format it yourself in windows as fat32 ?

i will suggest you if you are already on OFW 9.1.0 to reformat your sd card as fat32 and keep it empty from files ,put it again in the switch to download the driver.

as for now you are clean of hacking/homebrew .... , so just download it and see , there is no fear from nintendo to have in your case for now.

edit : have you tested another fat32 sd card ?

Last edited by mitcha,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Sd card is already formatted to FAT32 but the switch keeps telling me it needs the system Update to recognize the card and I'm still in OFW mode not CFW yet. I'm getting ready to install cfw on to it.
If it's telling you it needs an update to use the card, it's probably not formatted as FAT32. Use guiformat to do so.

SuperSayianGod

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue resolved i think. when I tried to format the card in the console it showed exfat and when I used the GUI FAT32 to format and it finally recognized the sd card in the switch. Why did the Sd card revert back to exfat if it was formated Fat32 once already.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issue resolved i think. when I tried to format the card in the console it showed exfat and when I used the GUI FAT32 to format and it finally recognized the sd card in the switch. Why did the Sd card revert back to exfat if it was formated Fat32 once already.
It didn't revert. You probably formatted it improperly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu:
    hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?
    @SylverReZ forgor to tag lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.
    maybe tomorrow lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond. They have a GBAtemp account here, you know.
    oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post
    tbh
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, Would've been a great idea, because they'll notice.
    +1
    im not a very bright individual, but we live and we learn
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Materia_tofu, We do learn a lot from plenty of talented individuals.
    this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to be doing fine.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Well, from what I've heard from my parents, he had a seizure last night, perhaps an epileptic episode, fucking died, had a near death experience, my dad called the paramedics, they showed up, took him to the hospital, and he woke up covered in tubes, and started complaining.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    He couldn't eat until after his MRI, when he had a bomb pop.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    What matters now is that he's doing alright.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But you still don't know what it was?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Has he had seizures before?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    apparently stress can cause seizures, my brother had one during a test once
    never had one before that, and never had one since
  • Redleviboy123 @ Redleviboy123:
    Question about game texture chanching Do i need an own game id?
    @Veho for those that want to
    experience being sonic the hedgehog
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Veho for those that want to experience being sonic the hedgehog