Hacking Need help making legit digital Poke X sav run on a cia version

MaxStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK so...

I just recently had to restore a backup of a sd card for my unhacked (legit) 3ds. This screwed me over with Pokemon X as I had legit earned all legendariesthrough Australian giveaways for the 25th (?) anniversary where they gave out all legendaries to the Gen 6 games. Since then, was slowly devoting hours into completing the okedex legit. Never done it before but was SOOO close. (I play solo so this meant using a old 3ds and purchasing both AS and Y as well as OR on my (still) legit console.

Clearly, I am quite attached to that file and the restore of the sd card made that whole secure value garbage incompatibility thing happen.

In desperation, last night I installed cfw (luma) on my *spare* 3ds (as I rarely need it anymore so if a ban happens, it isn't all over) and now I am unable to find a way to make my Pokemon X legit 0000001.sav work with the cia Pokemon X on my secondary now-hacked 3dsw.

Please help. I just can't risk an nnid ban on my main 3ds. It is also connected to my Switch so hacking my main is out of the question. (I'm a hax noob so likely would stumble into a ban >_<)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Save files are encrypted per console. You would have had to back it up with JKSM or Checkpoint (which create unencrypted versions that can be restored to any console) before it got screwed up to be able to restore it on another console.

That being said, if the only thing you did wrong was:
1. Back up the save data
2. Delete the Nintendo 3DS folder
3. Put the SD card back in the 3DS
4. Take it out again and copy the folder over and let it merge
5. Observe the save does not work

You can fix it by doing the following:
1. Delete everything including the Nintendo 3DS folder from the SD card (back up anything besides that folder that you need - DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR OLD ORIGINAL NINTENDO 3DS FOLDER BACKUP)
2. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE CONSOLE
3. Check the SD card with H2testw and only proceed if you get no errors
4. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE CONSOLE
5. Copy the old Nintendo 3DS folder onto the SD card from when the save worked
6. Put it back in your console and see if that works

If that wasn't the thing that went wrong, I'm afraid your decision not to use homebrew (and you could have just used homebrew, no need to CFW), cost your save since you couldn't back it up.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: TurdPooCharger

MaxStar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Drat. Outta options, it seems...

Look, if I get homebrew on my main 3ds to backup and use my lost file (which IS still on the card but it gives the incompatible version error)... I only want to use it this once and then delete the homebrew. I need to be sure using homebrew once and then uninstalling/deleting it won't risk a ban in any possible way...

If so, can someone walk me through it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You won't be able to back up the save at all unless your console can load it, homebrew or no homebrew. What did you do exactly, before it stopped working? Did you do what I suspected (back up the folder, allow the console to make a new folder, then merge them)? Or was it something else? And do you have the Nintendo 3DS folder that you backed up from when the save worked?

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drat. Outta options, it seems...

Look, if I get homebrew on my main 3ds to backup and use my lost file (which IS still on the card but it gives the incompatible version error)... I only want to use it this once and then delete the homebrew. I need to be sure using homebrew once and then uninstalling/deleting it won't risk a ban in any possible way...

If so, can someone walk me through it?
Read all of these. Learn about anti-cheat save protection "Secure Value", encryption between KeyY and <ID0> folder, finding or bruteforcing KeyY for the movable.sed, and backing up save + resetting the secure value with a save manager.
Just don't obtain items too early in the game or make hackmons with impossible stats.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT