Need help loading custom themes with extdatatool. N3DS GWE9.5.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Online, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Online
    OP

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015
    I can't seem to get my head around the tutorials regarding this, I am trying to load themes using extdatatool on Gateway.

I have dev menu installed, a body_LZ.bin ready to go and HomeMenu_ExtDataTool.cia(I'm not sure if this is the right thing). I just need a step by step and what to do now.

Any help will be appreciated!

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    When you install the custom theme, you're supposed to go back to the home menu then restart the 3DS and boot into emunand again as far as I know.

But have you tried Custom Home Menu Manager? It's easier to use, and all you have to do is press A on the theme you want, then exit the app and hold the power button down briefly until the grey screen appears, then press home.

3. Online
    OP

Online GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2015

It sounds like a hassle, I randomly got it working before but forgot the steps.
    Anyway
    I would rather use CHMM but I thought there was no gateway compatiability because ninj isn't supported in 9.5, could you tell me how to install CHMM?
    Thanks. :lol:

Edit : oh wow there's a .cia in the CHMM.rar

Thanks for putting me on this direction, I think I can figure it out from here!

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Yep no prob. Just get a "Themes" folder on your SD card and in it, folders that have a body_LZ.bin file. The folders can be named anything and you can include a "preview.png" so that you can see it as you cycle through the themes.

Online likes this.