Need help identifying something.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I recently bought a Cyclone Advanced Entertainment Diskdrive in the idea that it was a SNES copier, but, after it arrived, I'm not so sure anymore.
While you can push a SNES cartridge into the slot at the top, it does not go in easily, nor does it come out without using quite a bit of force. On top of that, the slot on the bottom (the one that should connect to the console) does not seem to be a SNES pin connector in any way (I do think that there is a piece missing though, because there is currently no way to connect it to a console).
So if anyone can tell me just what exactly this is, I'd be very grateful.
Pics:
Top:

Front:

Side:

Back:

Bottom 1:

Bottom 2:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure it was not supposed to come with something like http://www.electronicplus.com/images/products/PC-621.jpg ?
PC-621.jpg

I have seen that a few times in copier devices, usually older devices (mine with such things are mostly for the C64/amstrad/atari era) but who knows otherwise.

Similarly if you are playing with a European SNES then I seem to recall a slight difference in the cart sizes compared to NA and Japan which might account for the difficulty.

Hopefully someone comes along that knows the device in question, in the meantime though I will go with that.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The pins on the bottom suggest that this requires some sort of a pass-through - possibly to account for different cartridge dimensions in different regions. From what I'm reading, Cyclones are also Japanese kits - I don't think it'll work with anything other than a Super Famicom. I'll look into it, but it does seem like you're missing a piece.

nasune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I know it's probably missing a piece (I am using a Super Famicom by the way), but, when compared to a SFC game (Street Fighter II), the pins don't add up. I have a (non working) Super Wild Card as well, and when I pull the missing piece from that one, it won't fit (and that fucker was for my Super Famicom, so it should fit).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.