Hacking Question Need help for reboot function

Keriam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I need some help to be able to restart my switch without using again jig & dongle : i was a old user on SxOS so i'm still using my SxOS dongle & jig to start the switch, then i use Payload tab in SxOS to launch "Fusee_primary" to start atmosphere or "hekate" to launch my switchroot (android).

I would like to be able to restart on SxOS menu in ATMO or in Android : now, if i'm using the restart in CFW or "RestartToPlayload" HB the switch is just restarting Atmo. On Android, restart function just restart also android.

Is there any way to be able to restart on SxOS menu to able to have the choice like the first boot ?

Thanks
Regards,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a modchip along with autoboot and autorcm, if you don't want to use a dongle along with jig.

Alternative there is payload launcher from the homebrew app store that allow you to pick a payload to launch into.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Put the SX OS payload (I can't remember the filename, but the .bin file, not the .dat) in the /atmosphere folder as reboot_payload.bin to use it for standard reboots from Atmosphere.
I haven't run a recent version of Android so I don't know what the options are there.

But you might want to consider using hekate as your boot menu instead of SX. You can use the .dat file from SX Gear to boot with your dongle and start the hekate .bin payload.

Keriam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible with a SxOS dongle ? To boot with SX menu, there is only two dat files no bin file : boot.dat and licence.dat

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible with a SxOS dongle ? To boot with SX menu, there is only two dat files no bin file : boot.dat and licence.dat
Yes, replace the boot.dat with the SX Gear one (was available from the SX OS homepage front page, should still be if it's up today), then when you use the dongle it will run that, which should load payload.bin (I think) - so rename the latest hekate .bin file to payload.bin

Reactions: Keriam

Keriam

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Like you said, i used the SX Gear download zip (boot.dat & boot.ini) : as i'm using 'Payload_Launcher.nro" and to avoid multiple copies of hekate, i just created a folder "Payloads" with hekate.bin inside and i edited the boot.ini to specify the path of my payload.

If i need to update one day hekeate, i just need replace one file inside my folder. (i'm pretty sure i will forgot in several months to update the reboot_playload.bin in atmo folder). If i want to use another payload, i just add it in this folder and it will be available for a reboot from atmo

For switchroot Q version (android 10), i activated developper options to have bootloader reboot option : without this option, you have to press volume - when you choose restart.

Thanks for you help, it's working well now : first boot direct on hekate with a SX Dongle to choose between Atmo/Switchroot, reboot possible on payload from CFW & switchroot. I hope it will help also others users.

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc