Need help for a usb harddrive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Nasedase, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Nasedase
    OP

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    I tried looking in the sticky for a recommended USB hard drive for the wii but I can't find it. So I'm just gonna ask the users.
    What hard drive would you guys recommend, I'm willing to spend about a hundred dollars.

2. Warm Woolly Shee

Warm Woolly Shee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2006
    United States
    Butt City, FA rt
  3. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
  4. Nasedase
    OP

Nasedase Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Hmm. This is kind of weird. The prices on Amazon for a 160 GB western is $95 and the 640 GB is $89.99. Anyone care to explain?

5. dsfanatic5

dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Sometimes you have to look closely at the models/features, and the different sellers. For example, a Seagate Freeagent Go 500gb (Tiny, self-powered) is the same price as a Seagate 1tb (bulky, separate power supply). The rpm/speed or USB/firewall connection options can cause a difference in price. And then there's those sellers who are asking 4x the msrp, just hoping that some idiot stumbles upon them and buys it.

I have also noticed a small price differences between 250gb, 320gb, and 500gb models of some drives. Personally, I'd rather pay $10-$20 more for over 100gb extra space.

6. windowsnt

windowsnt Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 3, 2009
    i just dropped 84 bucks on a 500gb Seagate Desk Agent (i heard something about 500gb being the upper ceiling), and am really happy with it.

Avoid WD, i've had a bunch of their drives die on me (along with fujitsu and maxtor) while doing IT for 6 years. I've never lost a Seagate drive to this day (knock on wood).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice