Hacking Need help for a lecture about console vulnerability

Flirkyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello people of GBATemp :)

Being an IT student, I have to do a lecture (I think it's called like that in english, not sure ˆˆ") during an embedded computing class and I was thinking of doing it about console system vulnerability (because I like to read about that kind of thing, and I know my teacher like to do thing like that too). I was thinking of talking about one exploit (like OOTHax or Soundhax), or more than one but shorter for each.

Do you have any idea where I could find "simple" explication about exploit(ofc, I know exploit are complicated, but I was talking about good written explication) ? I was thinking of 3DSbrew. Is there good explanation on there ? Plus, what are the "easiest" exploit to understand and to explain ? I'll not go into the detail during my lecture I think, but i want to at least talk about the most interested thing, hardware and code wise.

Thanks in advance :) Sorry for my bad english, and sorry if it's in the bad forum. I'm also open to talk about vulnerability of other console (PSVita, WiiU), but I'd rather prefer 3DS because I'll not be able to make a demonstration for the others

Last edited by Flirkyn,

Flirkyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Watch the 32c3 and 33c3 conferences about the 3DS and steal their slides :P
Jk, don't necessarily steal the slides and not sure if you'd be tagged with plagiarism, but they explain stuff.

That's the hacker's conference who happend near the end of year right ? I'll go see what was said I guess :) But I'll not steal their slides xD Iirc, my tache know about that conference and talk about it a little xD

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Watch the 32c3 and 33c3 conferences about the 3DS and steal their slides :P
Jk, don't necessarily steal the slides and not sure if you'd be tagged with plagiarism, but they explain stuff.
Yeah, i have already done that last year ( use smea slides of 2016 to explain the 3ds hack, and credit him), and that works fine, good grade! :P

edit: but they don't understand anything XD

Last edited by RealityNinja,
Reactions: Flirkyn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(