Need help for a lecture about console vulnerability

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Flirkyn, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Flirkyn
    OP

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    Hello people of GBATemp :)

Being an IT student, I have to do a lecture (I think it's called like that in english, not sure ˆˆ") during an embedded computing class and I was thinking of doing it about console system vulnerability (because I like to read about that kind of thing, and I know my teacher like to do thing like that too). I was thinking of talking about one exploit (like OOTHax or Soundhax), or more than one but shorter for each.

Do you have any idea where I could find "simple" explication about exploit(ofc, I know exploit are complicated, but I was talking about good written explication) ? I was thinking of 3DSbrew. Is there good explanation on there ? Plus, what are the "easiest" exploit to understand and to explain ? I'll not go into the detail during my lecture I think, but i want to at least talk about the most interested thing, hardware and code wise.

Thanks in advance :) Sorry for my bad english, and sorry if it's in the bad forum. I'm also open to talk about vulnerability of other console (PSVita, WiiU), but I'd rather prefer 3DS because I'll not be able to make a demonstration for the others

Last edited by Flirkyn, Mar 14, 2017
  2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Watch the 32c3 and 33c3 conferences about the 3DS and steal their slides :P
    Jk, don't necessarily steal the slides and not sure if you'd be tagged with plagiarism, but they explain stuff.

Searinox, gnmmarechal and Flirkyn like this.
  3. Flirkyn
    OP

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    That's the hacker's conference who happend near the end of year right ? I'll go see what was said I guess :) But I'll not steal their slides xD Iirc, my tache know about that conference and talk about it a little xD

4. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Yeah, i have already done that last year ( use smea slides of 2016 to explain the 3ds hack, and credit him), and that works fine, good grade! :P

edit: but they don't understand anything XD

Last edited by Omegadrien, Mar 14, 2017
    Flirkyn likes this.
  5. Flirkyn
    OP

Flirkyn GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    France
    Well I got the slide for 32c3 and 33c3. I'll look into it later today :) Thanks for the help guys ˆˆ

6. CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple EXPLOSION!!~

May 2, 2016
    United States
    Hiding from the Axis Cult.
    A good place to look for exploits in general is the CVE website. Some have proofs of concepts on GitHub so you could analyze those.